DTLI? 10th Anniversary Tour - North America 2012

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Vash15
First name: Daniel
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: DTLI? 10th Anniversary Tour - North America 2012

Post by Vash15 »

cladam41 wrote:
Vash15 wrote:Outside of DTLI (which has 2 of my favorites, Thanks For Nothing and Hooch) I would love to see 88, if possible, and Back Where I Belong, favorite track from SBM besides Happiness Machine (which we won't be getting live ever again).
I doubt that.

But opening with Reason to Believe does seem plausible. (Then they would just go into The Hell Song..)
Still, a man can dream.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

It's getting closer and closer to the start of this tour!!!! I can't wait! I have my 3 tickets ready! :razz:
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Are band merch stands at shows accepting to credit?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

cladam41 wrote:Are band merch stands at shows accepting to credit?
No, I think it's cash only. Faster transactions that way. You can always use an ATM to get cash when you're at the venue.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I'm easily spending about $250 on merch! hahaha :razz:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Haha, it's not difficult spending too much on merch (unless you're poor) since shirts are like $25 and hoodies range from $40 to $60. Then sometimes they have a thing of stickers that costs $10 (thanks, Blink-182, I was drunk)!
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Haha, it's not difficult spending too much on merch (unless you're poor) since shirts are like $25 and hoodies range from $40 to $60. Then sometimes they have a thing of stickers that costs $10 (thanks, Blink-182, I was drunk)!
HAHA!! you're the only person I know who actually bought a sticker!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

cladam41 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:Haha, it's not difficult spending too much on merch (unless you're poor) since shirts are like $25 and hoodies range from $40 to $60. Then sometimes they have a thing of stickers that costs $10 (thanks, Blink-182, I was drunk)!
HAHA!! you're the only person I know who actually bought a sticker!
I haven't even put them on anything yet. I mean, I was rich at the time, so it didn't matter to me, but still. C'mon, Blink-182.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

dammit i want to attempt one of these shows .... but i can't >.< !! it has been 2 fucking years since i saw them !!!!
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Ardi41 wrote:dammit i want to attempt one of these shows .... but i can't >.< !! it has been 2 fucking years since i saw them !!!!
I had the chance to see them this year, but I spent my money on a trip to Paris with my 'best friend' that hates me now. Worst decision ever.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

11 more days! I'm thinking about bringing/sneaking a video camera in with me, do any of you recommend not doing this, or is it worth it?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:11 more days! I'm thinking about bringing/sneaking a video camera in with me, do any of you recommend not doing this, or is it worth it?
What do you mean by video camera? A basic digital camera is fine, as long as you use it right.

Check this post for tips on how to sneak one in if cameras are not allowed.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

TomiT14 wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote:11 more days! I'm thinking about bringing/sneaking a video camera in with me, do any of you recommend not doing this, or is it worth it?
What do you mean by video camera? A basic digital camera is fine, as long as you use it right.

Yea, camera's are almost always banned at the venue here, so thanks for the tips.. I remember after I saw them in 2010 I reallly wished I had brought one with me.. However, I saw a couple people with them that were inadvertenly smacked out of their hands and broken/stepped on.. It can be a bit rough in the front of the pit, as I'm sure most of you know... So i really don't want to have that happen :P

I'm trying to weigh the pro's and con's between bringing a semi-expensive camera and a.) recording a badass show, and getting to watch it whenever i want or b.) getting my camera stolen/broken/confiscated :(
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

Yea, camera's are almost always banned at the venue here, so thanks for the tips.. I remember after I saw them in 2010 I reallly wished I had brought one with me.. However, I saw a couple people with them that were inadvertenly smacked out of their hands and broken/stepped on.. It can be a bit rough in the front of the pit, as I'm sure most of you know... So i really don't want to have that happen :P

I'm trying to weigh the pro's and con's between bringing a semi-expensive camera and a.) recording a badass show, and getting to watch it whenever i want or b.) getting my camera stolen/broken/confiscated :(
Experience the show man! Seriously- the opportunity of having the Sums play in front of your very eyes is insane!!! I wouldn't even bring a camera personally. The way I see it- is if your looking through the little screen concerned about how the footage is going to come out then your not experiencing the show. Just live the experience. I'm sure SOMEONE in the crowd will have it filmed.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

cladam41 wrote:Experience the show man! Seriously- the opportunity of having the Sums play in front of your very eyes is insane!!! I wouldn't even bring a camera personally. The way I see it- is if your looking through the little screen concerned about how the footage is going to come out then your not experiencing the show. Just live the experience. I'm sure SOMEONE in the crowd will have it filmed.
That's the exact opposite to what I think.

My first show ever in London, UK in 2008 was badass. I didn't film a thing, just took a few pictures here and there, but that's it. I wanted to enjoy the experience.
Yes, it worked that day. But the next day I couldn't even remember the setlist. There was no site like Setlist.fm available where I could've checked that out, so I had to figure that out myself (e.g. previously they used to play song X before song Y, so it was probably the case this time aswell).
Yes, there were a bunch of videos on YouTube, but ONLY from songs like Pieces, In Too Deep and Fat Lip. There were about 30 videos posted from the whole show, 7 of them being Pieces. That show was the only show they played Attitude live on that tour, and there was ZERO videos about that.

It wasn't long after the show after I was pissed I didn't take any videos. My only specific song memories from that show are Underclass Hero (the opening track) and Makes No Difference. I'd do anything to re-live that experience, which could've been possible by watching videos I had filmed myself.

Since then I've filmed the majority of the shows I've been to. And I have no regrets. I can watch the show again whenever I feel like it, re-live the experience.

But yeah, that's me. Everyone values different things.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

TomiT14 wrote:
cladam41 wrote:Experience the show man! Seriously- the opportunity of having the Sums play in front of your very eyes is insane!!! I wouldn't even bring a camera personally. The way I see it- is if your looking through the little screen concerned about how the footage is going to come out then your not experiencing the show. Just live the experience. I'm sure SOMEONE in the crowd will have it filmed.
That's the exact opposite to what I think.

My first show ever in London, UK in 2008 was badass. I didn't film a thing, just took a few pictures here and there, but that's it. I wanted to enjoy the experience.
Yes, it worked that day. But the next day I couldn't even remember the setlist. There was no site like Setlist.fm available where I could've checked that out, so I had to figure that out myself (e.g. previously they used to play song X before song Y, so it was probably the case this time aswell).
Yes, there were a bunch of videos on YouTube, but ONLY from songs like Pieces, In Too Deep and Fat Lip. There were about 30 videos posted from the whole show, 7 of them being Pieces. That show was the only show they played Attitude live on that tour, and there was ZERO videos about that.

It wasn't long after the show after I was pissed I didn't take any videos. My only specific song memories from that show are Underclass Hero (the opening track) and Makes No Difference. I'd do anything to re-live that experience, which could've been possible by watching videos I had filmed myself.

Since then I've filmed the majority of the shows I've been to. And I have no regrets. I can watch the show again whenever I feel like it, re-live the experience.

But yeah, that's me. Everyone values different things.
both valid opinions, but I definitely have to agree with tomi, I think it'd be awesome to go back and watch the show whenever i wanted. Did you stand a ways back and take video where things were a bit calmer, or were you in the very front? I'd like to be in the very front and record as well
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:Did you stand a ways back and take video where things were a bit calmer, or were you in the very front? I'd like to be in the very front and record as well
The moshpits are usually in the middle, starting from row 3 to back. If you manage to get on rows 1 or 2, you should be safe from the pit. But to make sure, I'd suggest to go either left or right. That way you a) avoid the pit and b) have better chance to proceed towards the front row.

8 out of 9 Sum shows I've been to, I've been on the right side just in front of Tom. Deryck and Cone move around a lot, so that spot is perfect imo to get a close look at all of them. And yes, all of my shows at rows 1-3. :devious:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I've been lucky with stuff like that. the 3 shows I attended were all spent rocking out in the front row (right in front of Deryck while all of it got recorded by an awesome dude (twice) who provided us with the HD videos of the entire Tilburg show this year and my first show was livestreamed and later uploaded to youtube.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I filmed part of a Zebrahead show last Christmas. Tbh I didn't get anything from looking back at it through my iPhone, even if it was in lovely HD. Just get to the front and rock out with your cock out.
fuck this signature nonsense