Green Day

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: Green Day

Post by Gregorovich »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Just downloaded it; listening at the moment. Will post a review when I'm done.

EDIT: Here's a link for anybody looking for one. http://turbobit.net/download/free/41q6gdvd1uvt#

EDIT 2: 5 songs in. Fuckin' loving it so far.
that DL's not working for me
http://alllossless.net/17279-green-day-iuno-2012.html
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'll give it a listen tonight. Is the leak quality pretty good? And by "good" I mean CD rip/iTunes download quality.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I'll give it a listen tonight. Is the leak quality pretty good? And by "good" I mean CD rip/iTunes download quality.
All qualities have leaked. Even FLAC. So yes.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Not a huge fan, there's a couple good songs (Nuclear Family, Troublemaker) but I don't think I'll ever listen to it as a whole again.

Can anyone figure out where that verse melody in Rusty James is from??? Help me figure it out, it's pising me off so much!!!
Last edited by Tyler. on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

i gotta say , as someone who didn't really enjoy their last two albums to the extend but is a fan of their previous work , i'm positively suprised . I mean it doesn't blow you away but it's a solid punk album (and that is all i really want from green day cause that's why i liked them in the first place ).
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Well, I listened to the album front to back and it's not bad. I enjoy the first five songs the best while the rest, with the exception of Rusty James, seem to lose my attention. I'll give the album a few more listens without other internet distractions to make a better judgement of the latter half. Overall, it's definitely an album I would just chuck into my car if I just felt like a having a jam and not do any contemplation of human existence.

My favorite songs at the moment are Carpe Diem and Kill the DJ. I don't know why the latter, but it's just got a cool groove to it; character, I suppose. Let Yourself Go has been growing on me too and Stay the Night is pretty good.
Tyler. wrote:Can anyone figure out where that verse melody in Rusty James is from??? Help me figure it out, it's pising me off so much!!!
Sounds like the beginning of ¡Viva La Gloria!
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I actually found the song I was thinking of, vocal melody is heaps like the verse in this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w28ZREQe3_Q
Last edited by Tyler. on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

From the lyrics, I'm guessing Crushing Bastards and Last Gang in Town became Loss of Control and Rusty James respectively. I don't know why - I prefer the first two.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Gregorovich wrote:From the lyrics, I'm guessing Crushing Bastards and Last Gang in Town became Loss of Control and Rusty James respectively. I don't know why - I prefer the first two.
If that's so, then probably because there's Dirty Rotten Bastards on Tré and Last Gang In Town is a Clash song title!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Not sure if this was posted yet, but it's a review from Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/album ... o-20120913

Also, LOL at one of the comments...
[...] I've heard previews or whole recordings of all the songs off of Uno, with the exception of Loss of Control. All incredible, of course, because its Green Day, and Green Day always puts out good records. Review should have been a 5 out of 5.
EDIT: I suppose I understand from a Green Day fan standpoint how good this album is or how it's like a breath of fresh air after all that rock opera stuff. I don't know, I kind of liked their theatrical, epic-y shit.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

samueeL wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:From the lyrics, I'm guessing Crushing Bastards and Last Gang in Town became Loss of Control and Rusty James respectively. I don't know why - I prefer the first two.
If that's so, then probably because there's Dirty Rotten Bastards on Tré and Last Gang In Town is a Clash song title!
YOURE ALIVE?!?!
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

I enjoyed the album. I have a soft spot for Green Day since they were my "first band". Some songs were way too similar to past songs that it was distracting. Notably in Carpe Diem. Before the Lobotomy anyone?

I also really love their rock opera stuff, but from what I've heard there will be more things like that on Dos or Tres. I agree that Uno is a pretty solid punk album and I know that's what they intended with it.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I listened to it just after it leaked, and so far most of the songsI don't like are the ones that were released as Singles... I love Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Fell For You, Angel Blue, Sweet 16 and Rusty James (I remember the first time I heard it, I didn't know it would actually be "Last Gang In Town".

Pretty cool album, I'm happy I've bought the Box Set, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

The hardest thing will be (for me) not to listen to Dos and Tré, because I think we won't have any new album for a while after those 3 are released... I hope I'm wrong though...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

182sins wrote:The hardest thing will be (for me) not to listen to Dos and Tré, because I think we won't have any new album for a while after those 3 are released... I hope I'm wrong though...
It's like they're making up for all those years between albums from American Idiot until now.

I'm still having trouble getting used to enjoying the latter half of this album though. As if those songs don't have enough memorable hooks or riffs. I lose track of what songs I'm listening to. When I do know what song I'm listening to I realize that I quite enjoy Angel Blue, Sweet 16 and Fell for You. Even Oh Love has grown on me more than the remainder of the songs I haven't mentioned yet...
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
samueeL wrote:
YOURE ALIVE?!?!
I AM! Trying if maybe I could be active again!

And about the album: Oh Love isn't that bad when you listen the whole album through. As a single? Horrible choice.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

samueeL wrote:And about the album: Oh Love isn't that bad when you listen the whole album through. As a single? Horrible choice.
Think again! http://www.playboy.com/playground/view/ ... ay-oh-love
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

The album is boring. I have a feeling Dos will we better.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Gregorovich wrote:
samueeL wrote:And about the album: Oh Love isn't that bad when you listen the whole album through. As a single? Horrible choice.
Adds a lot to the single, indeed :hehe:
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

182sins wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Adds a lot to the single, indeed :hehe:
this video is soooo much better than the clean version.
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm not sure what everyone's opinion is on Skrillex, I'm sure he's a nice guy and everything, but... I did this for the lulz.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg61 ... b3d5d4.jpg[/imgwidth]