Moderator: Jeremy Kill

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: Sum41/SBM Discussion!

Post by SumGeek »

TheWatchmaker wrote:
SumGeek wrote:Image

Just needed to share my excitement over this. They asked someone what did they do this time to make them mad and I replied with that. Haha.
i love you.
I wasn't really expecting a reply out of it but it had to be done! I take it you live in Canada then? I'll feel stupid for asking if not, but you don't have your location in your info or I don't remember if you've shared before.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Yep im Canadian. i've been on this board since 2007 first as "NoReason27" and more recently "2712". the reason i find your reply so funny is that i had tickets for Sum 41 in Regina, Sk back in 2007 which was cancelled after the back thing. they have yet to come back to the western part of Canada. Jeremy and I are two of the longest active members who have yet to see Sum 41 live...
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Now that you mention it, I remember you as those. I remember you changing your username but then I must of forgot. Well, hang in there! I have a feeling the Sums will pull through with that Canadian tour that was supposed to happen in Oct/Nov 2011. Patience just sucks, especially with this band with the way things have been going lately! haha. But they've picked up their touring again and we can only hope!
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Just saw this on itunes :hehe: don't know if anybody has seen this before , but this has to be the worst review of an album ... EVER :devious:

This album was good but the last song (which really isn't on the album) is really gay I mean How the fudge do you get Ludacris out of Sum 41. Also the songs Were good. *Intro* **** Pretty good for just 48 seconds. Nice Guitar solo. *No Reason* ***** One Of the best songs on this Album! *We're All To Blame* **** This songs is good but the Lyrics were Kinda wierd. *Angels With Dirty Faces* **** This song is good, Good guitar, and Drums but the solo at the begginning was the thing that killed the whole song. *Some Say* *** Some parts *most of the song* was way too soft. *The Bitter End* ***** Very Hard, that is what most rockers come for not the soft stuff. *Open Your Eyes* ***** Once again this song is hard but the lead singer *i don't know his name* says the stuff like really fast. *Slipping Away* ** One of the WORST songs on this album, it was WAY too Soft. *I'm Not The One* **** Pretty good a little soft at the beggining but the middle changed my mind, i was almost going to rate it a 2. *Welcome To Hell* **** Really good song, pretty hard through out the whole song. *Pieces* ***** One of the best songs on this album, even though it is soft the Lyrics make so much sence. *There's No Solution* *** This song Remined me of *I'm Not The One* because it was soft in the begginnig but it kept getting harder and then softer and then harder. *88* ***** The Greatest Sum 41 song that was ever written, and the Greatest song on this album! It wasnt too soft and it was very hard and the Lyrics made so much sence.
Jeremy Kill
Sum41/SBM Discussion!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Haha, yikes! Although he hits the nail on the head a few times. I think 88 is still one of the greatest Sum 41 songs. It was really what paved the way for Underclass Hero and Screaming Bloody Murder.

Still a pretty bad review. The hard/soft talk makes it sound like he enjoys erect penises in his bum.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

^Haha!
And it's quite funny to type in "sum 41" in urban dictionary! :hehe:
wrote:
Sum 41 licks male azzz!
Beofore Sum 41 goes on stage they take turns oiling up each other's butts and play hide the flashlight.
wrote:
Spoiler: show
A piece-of-shit, poser band that has not only the balls to call themselves punk (which they're clearly not--more like POP) but also to rip off other bands on their latest album, "Chuck" (such as Metallica and Coldplay).

Sum 41 fans consist mostly of MTV watchers who try to make the haters look stupid by hurling out shitty, pathetic insults that a 2nd grader could come up with, all mispelled and with horrible grammar of course, not to mention in that gay-ass chatspeak, give bullshit about how Sum 41 never claimed to be punk, even though their lead singer himself has been quoted as referring to the band as punk, and comment how "hott" the members are, all while trying to convince everyone that they like the band solely for their music, when it's quite obvious they like the band because of their image and popularity amongst the MTV crowd, a.k.a. generation shit.

Sum 41 consist of a singer and rhythm who sounds like his tiny balls are caught in rat traps and who can only play power chords, a lead guitarist whose solos can never last any longer than 10 seconds (and suck), a bassist who, if even audible, might as well pluck his dick and a drummer who plays the same goddamn shit in every song, never adding any variety or creativity to his or the band's style. Their style of music is basically pop thinly and poorly disguised as punk.

And to those who are talking shit about Avril Lavigne, you do know that the dumbfuck lead singer just married her, don't you? He's been banging her for over a year now. As the saying goes, birds of a feather flock together.

Sum 41 are a favorite of MTV since they plays what's trendy and have an image that is very commercial and "in".

Fans consist of MTV-loving shitheads who like whatever's in the top 40, think the members are "hott" (even though they all look like a bunch of malnourished, pasty faced, pussified peter-puffers who can't even get a decent haircut) and think they're badass and rebellious because they shop at Hot Topic (which should burn down).

Sum 41 fans can kiss my ass because in five years this band will join the rest of the has-been fads. They'll be just as obsolete as boy bands and despite all the bitching you faggots can muster up, you know I'm right. This band is already fading away and soon they'll be completely irrelevant.
Sum 41 fan: OmG!!!11 sum 41 r so hott!!!11 i luv there musik!!!!11111 its so raw and HaRdCoRe and makes my parents angry!!!111 pWnEd!!!!111
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Sum 41 just posted a new picture :
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

cladam41 wrote:^Haha!
And it's quite funny to type in "sum 41" in urban dictionary! :hehe:
wrote:
Sum 41 licks male azzz!
Beofore Sum 41 goes on stage they take turns oiling up each other's butts and play hide the flashlight.
wrote:
A piece-of-shit, poser band that has not only the balls to call themselves punk (which they're clearly not--more like POP) but also to rip off other bands on their latest album, "Chuck" (such as Metallica and Coldplay).

Sum 41 fans consist mostly of MTV watchers who try to make the haters look stupid by hurling out shitty, pathetic insults that a 2nd grader could come up with, all mispelled and with horrible grammar of course, not to mention in that gay-ass chatspeak, give bullshit about how Sum 41 never claimed to be punk, even though their lead singer himself has been quoted as referring to the band as punk, and comment how "hott" the members are, all while trying to convince everyone that they like the band solely for their music, when it's quite obvious they like the band because of their image and popularity amongst the MTV crowd, a.k.a. generation shit.

Sum 41 consist of a singer and rhythm who sounds like his tiny balls are caught in rat traps and who can only play power chords, a lead guitarist whose solos can never last any longer than 10 seconds (and suck), a bassist who, if even audible, might as well pluck his dick and a drummer who plays the same goddamn shit in every song, never adding any variety or creativity to his or the band's style. Their style of music is basically pop thinly and poorly disguised as punk.

And to those who are talking shit about Avril Lavigne, you do know that the dumbfuck lead singer just married her, don't you? He's been banging her for over a year now. As the saying goes, birds of a feather flock together.

Sum 41 are a favorite of MTV since they plays what's trendy and have an image that is very commercial and "in".

Fans consist of MTV-loving shitheads who like whatever's in the top 40, think the members are "hott" (even though they all look like a bunch of malnourished, pasty faced, pussified peter-puffers who can't even get a decent haircut) and think they're badass and rebellious because they shop at Hot Topic (which should burn down).

Sum 41 fans can kiss my ass because in five years this band will join the rest of the has-been fads. They'll be just as obsolete as boy bands and despite all the bitching you faggots can muster up, you know I'm right. This band is already fading away and soon they'll be completely irrelevant.
Sum 41 fan: OmG!!!11 sum 41 r so hott!!!11 i luv there musik!!!!11111 its so raw and HaRdCoRe and makes my parents angry!!!111 pWnEd!!!!111

its sad that someone had nothing better to do than to type something like that out
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

cladam41 wrote:
wrote:
Haha, the funny thing is, they've never even claimed they were a punk band.

Some people, huh!
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

SumGeek wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
wrote:
Haha, the funny thing is, they've never even claimed they were a punk band.

Some people, huh!
It's funny because they're not commercial at all anymore! Haha
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Well we sure know what they aren't

But what exactly... are they?

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

They're just a "rock & roll" band. As Deryck had once put it.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

Jeremy Kill wrote:They're just a "rock & roll" band. As Deryck had once put it.
A rock & roll band have more frequent tours and a sufficient amount of promotion.. :balling:

and sum41 doesn't
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Sum 41 is just Sum 41. I really cant put a word to describe their music since everything that they do it so different. They never repeat themselves. They are the only band I know that doesn't have 2 similar sounding records (at all).
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

TomiT14 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I wish Matt was still around so he could confirm these things. Remember when he mentioned the "surprise" in January 2011 and within the week Screaming Bloody Murder was played on the radio and uploaded to their YouTube page? Matt seemed to know what was going on more than the band did or at least was more willing to tell the fans exactly what's going on.
This. I didn't notice how much the band's relation to the fans has changed since Matt left.
Exactly. It's been quite dead ever since he left. Hopefully we'll get some updates by the time of the Euro tour.
Matt's been super busy with school, I did heard from him on my birthday, he said he was doing great, didn't mention any Sum related stuff. Cone said Fender was suppose to write an article about them going to China because he asked me to track down some pics, but that never happened and he doesn't know why. Tom was pretty quite until Gob picked up.

There really hasn't been much going on to report. Matt usually mentioned things that were firmly in place, release date wise. I think that's why BIE, D possibly writing... anything like that hasn't been mentioned. Gob and Operation have had things going on and Sums are just new tour dates, which is up to management.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

cladam41 wrote:Sum 41 is just Sum 41. I really cant put a word to describe their music since everything that they do it so different. They never repeat themselves. They are the only band I know that doesn't have 2 similar sounding records (at all).
That made me think of something interesting, what if they did repeat themselves but made the repeated product even better? And if you liked the original in the first place, the second one would be an even better blast!!
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

HugoDisasters wrote:
cladam41 wrote:Sum 41 is just Sum 41. I really cant put a word to describe their music since everything that they do it so different. They never repeat themselves. They are the only band I know that doesn't have 2 similar sounding records (at all).
That made me think of something interesting, what if they did repeat themselves but made the repeated product even better? And if you liked the original in the first place, the second one would be an even better blast!!
Well this is somewhat displayed with Half Hour of Power to All Killer No Filler i think...they're both "pop punk" but, AKNF is just better. It's more diverse.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

TheWatchmaker wrote:Yep im Canadian. i've been on this board since 2007 first as "NoReason27" and more recently "2712". the reason i find your reply so funny is that i had tickets for Sum 41 in Regina, Sk back in 2007 which was cancelled after the back thing. they have yet to come back to the western part of Canada. Jeremy and I are two of the longest active members who have yet to see Sum 41 live...
I've been here since 2007 as well. Count me in on the "longest active members who have yet to see Sum 41 Live" list. :razz:
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

I just call them a rock band.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

fenderrocks wrote: Tom was quite pretty until Gob picked up.
Feeling let down?