Devin Bronson

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Devin Bronson

Post by Heather »

Hey all, I think some of you know who Devin is but thought I'd start a thread for him. He's an INSANE guitarist and I finally got to meet him yesterday. He played for Treble Charger while they were on tour with Sum41, he's also played for Avril and Evan Taubenfeld. Thought some of y'all might like to look at the gear videos

here's a video I took of Devin talking about the guitars he's using on the David Cook tour
Him Playing
Pedal Board Video
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Re: Devin Bronson

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

whats he doin in Avrils band?
Heather

Post by Heather »

Hideo_Kuze wrote:whats he doin in Avrils band?
He replaced Evan for the Bonez tour in 2005 as lead guitarist and music director, he stayed through most of TBDT era as well.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

I never heard of him until now. He doesn't seem too bad.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, he's a pretty good guitarist. In what band he plays these days? is it with David Cook or was he playing with David Cook on the previous album? I actually enjoyed Cook's 1st album.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, he's a pretty good guitarist. In what band he plays these days? is it with David Cook or was he playing with David Cook on the previous album? I actually enjoyed Cook's 1st album.
He got into David's band for this fall tour, which ends Dec. 10. Before that he was producing for some other acts.

Here's the Cook band covering "Rock and Roll" at 1:50 Devin kicks ass
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

That was a sick cover.
Heather

Post by Heather »

another one with close ups of Devo
Heather

Post by Heather »

Devin and I set up a Facebook account for him which I'll be running if you want to keep up with what he's doing

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devin-Bro ... 2184196101
Heather

Post by Heather »

Some quotes from the live chat today I thought would be cool to post here

Heather: You now have a BandHappy account where you'll be teaching online music lessons, what lead you to decide to do this and what can students expect if they decided to join?
DevinBronson: My friend Matt Haparn who just happens to play in one of the best metal bands in the world right now (Periphery) designed a really cool website for offering music lessons online
DevinBronson: I have always loved teaching but do not have the time to do it.
DevinBronson: this way i can work with a select number of people wherever I am in the world which i think is really cool.
DevinBronson: I will cater lessons to wherever someone is at in there playing or musical level
DevinBronson: I am not going to do it for long.
Heather: Last interview question...Since music sharing has been such a hot topic lately, what are your thoughts on the situation?
DevinBronson: wow
DevinBronson: duff mckagan whom i have the pleasure of knowing wrote a really good article in the seattle weekly about this last week and got a lot of shit for it
DevinBronson: i would like to elaborate on what i believe he was going for
DevinBronson: I do not agree with censorship in any way
DevinBronson: I think in the country especially (usa) we always see things as black and white.
DevinBronson: There needs to be something that prevents online piracy otherwise non of us will ever be able to continue making music or movies or art
DevinBronson: i don't think government regulated websites are the answer but do agree with holding sites hosting this content liable
DevinBronson: I feel like peoples big opposition wasn't entirely educated. They might have just been bummed they might not be allowed to download Dexter for free.
DevinBronson: Its a tough subject because I do not agree with government limiting free speech.
DevinBronson: I overheard a guy bitching the other day about how bad the music industry. I asked him "what was the last album you bought?" he said "I don't know.... i haven't bought one in years."
DevinBronson: but he will go to starbucks daily and buy fifteen dollars cranberry vodka drinks at the club. buy pay $10 for an album........no! its free
DevinBronson: thats our problem
ladynsearch: You write music, anywhere to hear samples or lyrics?
DevinBronson: ladynsearch: i have some songs coming out on records this year. one is a song i co wrote for 12 stones new album
DevinBronson: a lot of music you hear on television i do. when you see cars crashing into each other on a spike tv show or something.... it very well could be me
emrasaturngirl: Ironically I just watched "Friends with Benefits." Point me to where you are playing guitar.
DevinBronson: emrasaturngirl: hollywood sign scene and various others
Karen224: How many guitars do you own?
DevinBronson: Karen224: 50?
dmvsb: Of your guitars, which are the most meaningful to you and why?
DevinBronson: most meaningful guitar would probably be my first one which is the least valuable in terms of money
Janice/jayelgee1: What do you consider your biggest strength as a writing partner?
DevinBronson: strength with a writing partner is someone who compliments what you can contribute and does something opposite.
Jul: what are some essentials you have to have on the bus?
DevinBronson: tour bus essentials: caffeine, booze, loud music, tooth brush, febreeze, condoms, handguns
emrasaturngirl: Do you have any pre-show rituals?
DevinBronson: pre show......patron shot. listen to pantera on similar equivalent.
Full Chat Recap>> http://bit.ly/x90KQe
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

fenderrocks wrote:

DevinBronson: I overheard a guy bitching the other day about how bad the music industry. I asked him "what was the last album you bought?" he said "I don't know.... i haven't bought one in years."
DevinBronson: but he will go to starbucks daily and buy fifteen dollars cranberry vodka drinks at the club. buy pay $10 for an album........no! its free
QUOTED FOR TRUTH.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

2712 wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Devin talks briefly about his time in Treble Charger
"Shortly following, Devin joined the Canadian rock band, Treble Charger. “I flew to Toronto, and there I was, 19, alone and in a different country, ready to perform with a new band.” The band opened for Sum 41 in Halifax. “It was quite an experience,” states Devin. “Everyone in the audience knew every word to every song. It was overwhelming and amazing.”
In 2004, rocker musician and friend, Avril Lavigne, asked Devin to join her band. “Avril and I had met in Los Angeles and we have always been good friends, so when she asked me to tour with her, I quit Treble Charger and joined Avril.”"
elite Magazine : A Whirlwind of Musical Success

PDF File of Full Magazine

Click to view the fullsize image.http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc ... 3160_n.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc ... 6218_n.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 7983_n.jpg[/imgwidth]
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

he kinda looks like one of the gallaghers, can't remember if liam or noel