Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Re: Sum41/SBM Discussion!

Post by Stef »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:But yes.. Extremely underrated by Sum 41 fans. Mostly because the majority of us think it's MAINSTREAM and MAINSTREAM is a scary, demon-esque creature. In reality, they're just dumbasses.
If this were true, none of these people would have had anything to do with Sum 41 in the first place.
True, cause Fat Lip and In Too Deep are so mainstream that Bieber is nothing compared to it.

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Wow 4 years for UH?
I shall give it a spin to celebrate! It's not my favourite album, none the less it does have some great tracks.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Stef wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:But yes.. Extremely underrated by Sum 41 fans. Mostly because the majority of us think it's MAINSTREAM and MAINSTREAM is a scary, demon-esque creature. In reality, they're just dumbasses.
If this were true, none of these people would have had anything to do with Sum 41 in the first place.
True, cause Fat Lip and In Too Deep are so mainstream that Bieber is nothing compared to it.
I don't know how 'mainstream' I'd even consider either song, maybe mainstream in the pop/punk community, but I've heard In Too Deep on the radio... MAYBE once. I hear Pieces more often, I'd consider that their most mainstream song if any.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

SumGeek wrote:Wow 4 years for UH?
I shall give it a spin to celebrate! It's not my favourite album, none the less it does have some great tracks.
I just listened to it in it's entirety (sans bonus tracks) start to finish, without skipping a track, for the first time since probably early 2008. Sure brings back memories.
Gutter Dreams wrote:
Stef wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
I don't know how 'mainstream' I'd even consider either song, maybe mainstream in the pop/punk community, but I've heard In Too Deep on the radio... MAYBE once. I hear Pieces more often, I'd consider that their most mainstream song if any.
The station here usually rotates In Too Deep, Makes No Difference and Still Waiting. They play Baby You Don't Wanna Know as well. It's been 10 years, so I don't think those songs would really get much play these days anyway.
Gutter Dreams

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
Stef wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
The station here usually rotates In Too Deep, Makes No Difference and Still Waiting. They play Baby You Don't Wanna Know as well. It's been 10 years, so I don't think those songs would really get much play these days anyway.
The radios stations here suck. It's either mainstream pop music, old classic rock or country.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

All the stations around me are country or pop. There is one rock station and its all commericals and heavy rock that sounds the same after awhile. I only heard Fat Lip and The Hell Song once on that station.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

doesnt Count Your Last Blessings remind your of Jessica Kill?
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
I just listened to it in it's entirety (sans bonus tracks) start to finish, without skipping a track, for the first time since probably early 2008. Sure brings back memories.
I thought you'd often listen to albums from front to back? That's what I usually do. I've listened to SBM front to back 20+ times, as well as all my other favourite albums.
fuck this signature nonsense
Hexidecimal
First name: Kevin
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Keys

Post by Hexidecimal »

I wouldn't call fat lip mainstream, but for the other songs on aknf, what do you expect a 17-20 year old to write? dark deep music? haha no.
Gutter Dreams

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Gregorovich wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
I thought you'd often listen to albums from front to back? That's what I usually do. I've listened to SBM front to back 20+ times, as well as all my other favourite albums.
I usually listen to them, front to back for the first time, maybe another few listens after that. I rarely ever do unless I'm bored.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Also, don't think this has been posted yet...
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Gregorovich wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
On the first few listens I usually go front to back, but after a while I begin to have favorite songs that I like listening to and then I skip over the ones I don't really care for (ie. Dear Father, Ma Poubelle, With Me, Best of Me). The same goes with Screaming Bloody Murder. I find myself almost always skipping over Time for You to Go, What Am I to Say and Crash.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

I love Underclass Hero as a whole. With most albums I know, I could tell you when it's at least half way through. When I listen to UH however, for the life of me I honestly just fall into it and time flies.

Screaming Bloody Murder is an excellent album for me too, I can easily put it on repeat. It builds up to ADROOH, the slopes back down and I just see it as an ongoing cycle.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

I love listening to the Sums albums all the way through..however I usually dont always to SBM front to back, as I do with UH and Chuck. But by my iTunes count I've heard SBM in its entirety 328 times.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i55.tinypic.com/23i6yjp.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://files.sharenator.com/fuck_yea_RE ... 87-580.png[/imgwidth]
Gutter Dreams

Post by Gutter Dreams »

... you win
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:I love listening to the Sums albums all the way through..however I usually dont always to SBM front to back, as I do with UH and Chuck. But by my iTunes count I've heard SBM in its entirety 328 times.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://files.sharenator.com/fuck_yea_RE ... 87-580.png[/imgwidth]
Dag!! Thats a lot of plays. My most played song is only 102 plays (its No Brains :silly:)
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Holy fuck! My most played song from Screaming Bloody Murder is Sick of Everyone. However, after listening to the album for a few months now, I can say that my all-time favorite song off the album is the title track. It's such a solid song, there is nothing about it I would change.
KingofBillySpleen
First name: Jared
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Vocals
Last.fm Username: None

Post by KingofBillySpleen »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:I love listening to the Sums albums all the way through..however I usually dont always to SBM front to back, as I do with UH and Chuck. But by my iTunes count I've heard SBM in its entirety 328 times.

Holy Crap i don't think ive listened to any album in its entirety that much.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Holy fuck! My most played song from Screaming Bloody Murder is Sick of Everyone. However, after listening to the album for a few months now, I can say that my all-time favorite song off the album is the title track. It's such a solid song, there is nothing about it I would change.
Is that because you have a different file for the album version and single version of the title track? Because that's how it goes for me.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

KingofBillySpleen wrote:Holy Crap i don't think ive listened to any album in its entirety that much.

i honestly never have before, I just truly love SBM.