Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek
Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by kILLDR3n »

samueeL wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:
samueeL wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:I doubt Deryck is a vegan whoever said that. Steve talked about cheating a lot and didn't Cone go vegan for a little as well?
Steve's vegan, Cone's vegetarian, Tom's vegetarian and Deryck's "vegan" but eats tuna. So he's kinda pescetarian. But since they tour a lot they have to make compromises every now and then.
Cone just said on Twitter the other day that he was looking forward to trying these Japanese chicken wings which he did.
Oh, I think he was veg during Chuck/UH but in some of those interviews/vids he said he does eat chicken and fish sometimes but there was a time when he didn't. I guess he eats white meat again.

And to your earlier comment, again you're a fucking moron. 'Cause some people care about our planet and everyone living in it, they're pussies? You're 18, seriously?
In a figurative sense "pussies". I don't literally mean that to Sum 41. My sister used to be a vegetarian. But I don't see them as tree huggers, who I REALLY get annoyed by.
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

kILLDR3n wrote:
samueeL wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:
samueeL wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:I doubt Deryck is a vegan whoever said that. Steve talked about cheating a lot and didn't Cone go vegan for a little as well?
Steve's vegan, Cone's vegetarian, Tom's vegetarian and Deryck's "vegan" but eats tuna. So he's kinda pescetarian. But since they tour a lot they have to make compromises every now and then.
Cone just said on Twitter the other day that he was looking forward to trying these Japanese chicken wings which he did.
Oh, I think he was veg during Chuck/UH but in some of those interviews/vids he said he does eat chicken and fish sometimes but there was a time when he didn't. I guess he eats white meat again.

And to your earlier comment, again you're a fucking moron. 'Cause some people care about our planet and everyone living in it, they're pussies? You're 18, seriously?
In a figurative sense "pussies". I don't literally mean that to Sum 41. My sister used to be a vegetarian. But I don't see them as tree huggers, who I REALLY get annoyed by.
I sometimes hug a tree when it looks lonely....
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Deryck is a vegan/vegetarian steve 'fell of the wagon' cone doesn't eat pork and red meat.. And I don't know about tom
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

blackhawk1105 wrote:Deryck is a vegan/vegetarian steve 'fell of the wagon' cone doesn't eat pork and red meat.. And I don't know about tom
Well Deryck should eat meat because he needs it more than anybody else in the band. He is looking WEAK.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

kILLDR3n wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:Deryck is a vegan/vegetarian steve 'fell of the wagon' cone doesn't eat pork and red meat.. And I don't know about tom
Well Deryck should eat meat because he needs it more than anybody else in the band. He is looking WEAK.
And what would he get out of meat that he doesn't get from vegan diet? Red meat isn't really healthy at all.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

kILLDR3n wrote:
samueeL wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:In my opinion Vegan's are pussies.
And in my opinion you're a fucking moron.
I'll try the to find the South Park episode where vegans and vegetarians all started to grow vaginas on their bodies. If they continued to eat the way they did they would turn into one giant "pussy".

Well the only vegans and vegetarians that I consider pussies are the tree hugging faggot ones. Ones that are all for animal rights and shit. If you don't eat animal products because of that then fuck you. But honestly no milk? Really? No eggs? Fucking done.

And I'll try to find the recent South Park episode explaining the correlation between men's constant anger issues (you), to their extraordinarily small penis size.

Yeah, South Park logic is realll smart. dumbass.

Deryck just doesn't take care of himself - plain and simple..

He chooses to live his life that way, and if he's happy with it and willing to risk dying, then thats totally his choice and the subsequent results are his own fault.. Alllll up to him if he wants to change. ( i doubt he will )
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Mon May 23, 2011 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

huh, could've sworn this was the sbm thread, not the vegans anonymous one. but on-topic, legit no one gave a shit about this album. i hate to say it, but w/ no music video, low chart performance, and a title too gory to be heavily marketable, this album was undoubtedly a commercial failure (although i still like it of course).
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

dbauer91 wrote:huh, could've sworn this was the sbm thread, not the vegans anonymous one. but on-topic, legit no one gave a shit about this album. i hate to say it, but w/ no music video, low chart performance, and a title too gory to be heavily marketable, this album was undoubtedly a commercial failure (although i still like it of course).
And literally nobody on this thread gives a flaming fuck. The music industry is dead, just accept it.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Also in that video, Steve said they ended up playing much longer than they're used to, probably the longest show ever. Damn, that would've been great to witness!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:Also in that video, Steve said they ended up playing much longer than they're used to, probably the longest show ever. Damn, that would've been great to witness!
Minus the part where Deryck collapses on stage
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Gregorovich wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:huh, could've sworn this was the sbm thread, not the vegans anonymous one. but on-topic, legit no one gave a shit about this album. i hate to say it, but w/ no music video, low chart performance, and a title too gory to be heavily marketable, this album was undoubtedly a commercial failure (although i still like it of course).
And literally nobody on this thread gives a flaming fuck. The music industry is dead, just accept it.
:holyshit: You didn't just say that lol
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:Also in that video, Steve said they ended up playing much longer than they're used to, probably the longest show ever. Damn, that would've been great to witness!
Minus the part where Deryck collapses on stage
Thanks. I tried to change the topic into a more positive one. Way to ruin my efforts.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Tyler. wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
:holyshit: You didn't just say that lol
Modern music has been consumed by the idea of celebrity. No longer are people judged on their ability as artists or personality with fans. Now to be successful in the music industry you don't require talent whatsoever. Just a lot of money. Now, you may ask, why doesn't everybody do it then? Because few are simple-minded enough to degrade themselves to that level. Real bands who have something to say are widely ignored because they aren't autotuned and they don't feature dancing whores in their live shows or music videos. The best examples of this are Rise Against and Sum 41. While Rise Against are shunned because they talk about a political and environmental situation incontemplatable by the masses, the Sums are ignored because rock is no longer the sound which dominates radio, television and public places. The reason? Nobody wants something with meaning. They want something to stimulate their mindless eardrums. It's the same reason people would rather watch a movie than read.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

It's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. Plenty of amazing bands are appreciated throughout the world even more than before. Old music is making more of a comeback every year. Just because the main stations play shit music doesn't mean it's destroying the music industry. The music industry is going on strong, the only thing that's dropped has CD sales, nothing else. And kids that are under the age of like 15 don't even know what good music is for the most part. They haven't had life experiences or learned enough to relate to and really appreciate music. The fact they all love Bieber doesn't mean shit, there are bilions of people that love real music and still appreciate it as much as before.

It may be worse in your local area or something, Rise Against is pretty big even here in Australia and everyone loves the Sums.
Last edited by Tyler. on Mon May 23, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

It may just be the whole of Scotland, but I have never heard a rock song on the radio, and about 5% of the population here listen to rock. I live in a boarding house of ~ 50 people, and all of them hate rock.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Ya know, i used to think it was dead also.. Then i realized.

I live in a small town of say, i dunno.. maybe 1,500 people? Very rough estimate considering at least 750 children attend the high-school alone.. Fairly large county also. But my point is, i live in Eastern Kentucky. Kentucky? THE BLUE-GRASS STATE. I thought i was the only one who didn't listen to country music.. Then, i realized.. Rock shows are held almost every week at a venue i wasn't even aware of. Good bands, too. We had Hawthorne Heights a few weeks ago. (Example, cos they suck loloolol.) That withhold about 250 every show? So if a small, assfuck town like mine has a strong rock base? I think the music industry is doing just fine.

I do think Itunes killed the CD though. We should just sell kickass memory sticks with the album in 320kps to people.

/End rant.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Jake-41 wrote:Ya know, i used to think it was dead also.. Then i realized.

I live in a small town of say, i dunno.. maybe 1,500 people? Very rough estimate considering at least 750 children attend the high-school alone.. Fairly large county also. But my point is, i live in Eastern Kentucky. Kentucky? THE BLUE-GRASS STATE. I thought i was the only one who didn't listen to country music.. Then, i realized.. Rock shows are held almost every week at a venue i wasn't even aware of. Good bands, too. We had Hawthorne Heights a few weeks ago. (Example, cos they suck loloolol.) That withhold about 250 every show? So if a small, assfuck town like mine has a strong rock base? I think the music industry is doing just fine.

I do think Itunes killed the CD though. We should just sell kickass memory sticks with the album in 320kps to people.

/End rant.

Seriously? You're lucky then! Dude I live in Indiana and we literally get like 2 good shows a year from any various bands... and all the local bands here are fucking piss awful. Sounds like I need to move.. anywhere! Australia sounds nice.
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Mon May 23, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

"Dan Moyse planks the stage for the encore. Deryck approves!"

:glad:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

I love that pic!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:It's the same reason people would rather watch a movie than read.
it's a pretty bad example, there are useful movies to watch and useful books to read, as there are useless movies to watch and uselles books to read...

people don't watch all the movies and don't read all the books, for example a good movie to watch is, let's say, Schindler's List, it's a meaningful movie that not all the people wanna watch, and Twilight, for example, is a book, and I guess that we don't have to talk about how useless it is to read Twilight ...

I mean, both, movies and books can be art, but at the same time both can be useless shit, it's just a matter of your choice ...
Last edited by FuckT41182 on Mon May 23, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge