Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:Cone said last week that they are still working on it, and it's taking longer than expected.
This sounds awfully familiar...
:devious:
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

It will be released as a bonus video on the UK version of their next album
Last edited by Tyler. on Thu May 05, 2011 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Tyler. wrote:It will be released as a bonus video on the Japanese deluxe version of their next album
Fixed.
Sam 41
First name: Samuel

Post by Sam 41 »

holy shit WAITS on the radio, 1st time I'm hearing a sum 41 song on a swiss radio!!

so the next single is obviously WAITS... :holyshit:
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

TomiT14 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:It will be released as a bonus video on the Japanese deluxe version of their next album
Fixed.
No so little effort and promotion put in that they won't even wanna give it to the Japanese
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sam 41 wrote:holy shit WAITS on the radio, 1st time I'm hearing a sum 41 song on a swiss radio!!
LoL. That's not how it goes.
The most played Green Day song on Finnish radios for the past 2 years is clearly Peacemaker. Still it's nowhere near being the single.

Also, Skumfuk has been played several times on Finnish radio, and it isn't a single even though it was released before the album release.
Sam 41

Post by Sam 41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Sam 41 wrote:holy shit WAITS on the radio, 1st time I'm hearing a sum 41 song on a swiss radio!!
The most played Green Day song on Finnish radios for the past 2 years is clearly Peacemaker. Still it's nowhere near being the single.

Also, Skumfuk has been played several times on Finnish radio, and it isn't a single even though it was released before the album release.
I was talking about the SWISS radios not the FINISH ones and the sums arent that big here so I'm sure they wouldnt play any of the their songs if it isnt a single
that's how it works here
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sam 41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

I was talking about the SWISS radios not the FINISH ones and the sums arent that big here so I'm sure they wouldnt play any of the their songs if it isnt a single
that's how it works here
LoL. Doesn't matter if it's Swiss or FiNNish. How do you know they don't work the same? You work for them?
They didn't play any Sum 41 song on Finnish radio since 2002 until now. And they've had only one show here ever.
So they are much bigger in Switzerland than in Finland.

If it was a single, it would've been announced already.
The only announcement so far is the Japanese one, and they are saying Baby will be released on May 18th. So there's no way What Am I To Say is a confirmed single yet, since the band or the label haven't announced anything.
Last edited by TomiT14 on Thu May 05, 2011 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam 41

Post by Sam 41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Sam 41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

that's how it works here
How do you know that? You work for the SWISS radio or something?
The only announcement so far is the Japanese one, and they are saying Baby will be released on May 18th. So there's no way What Am I To Say is a confirmed single yet, since the band or the label haven't announced anything yet.
I never said that it's a confirmed single I trust Universal Japan or who ever it announced baby as the next single
the fact is that no radio here in switzerland would play a sum 41 song even if it's single...at least until today

and btw no I dont work for a radio
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sam 41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Sam 41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

that's how it works here
The only announcement so far is the Japanese one, and they are saying Baby will be released on May 18th. So there's no way What Am I To Say is a confirmed single yet, since the band or the label haven't announced anything yet.
I never said that it's a confirmed single I trust Universal Japan or who ever it announced baby as the next single
the fact is that no radio here in switzerland would play a sum 41 song even if it's single...at least until today

Radios can play whatever they want. The song doesn't need to be a single to be played on radio.
However, singles are being promoted by the label, so that's why almost all songs heard on radio are singles. But that doesn't mean there wouldn't be any exceptions.

And I'm quite sure that Swiss radios aren't any different from the others. Even if you said so.
Sam 41

Post by Sam 41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Sam 41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Sam 41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

that's how it works here

Radios can play whatever they want. The song doesn't need to be a single to be played on radio.
However, singles are being promoted by the label, so that's why almost all songs heard on radio are singles. But that doesn't mean there wouldn't be any exceptions.

And I'm quite sure that Swiss radios aren't any different from the others. Even if you said so.
sure they can play whatever they want but first they have to know the song and I'm pretty sure they wouldnt know WAITS if there wasnt something form the label and stuff just because I know how big the sums are here and honestly they are nobody
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sam 41 wrote:sure they can play whatever they want but first they have to know the song and I'm pretty sure they wouldnt know WAITS if there wasnt something form the label and stuff just because I know how big the sums are here and honestly they are nobody
Yeah, but that's not for sure. To me it sounds more like that the radio host have accidentally listened to SBM, and thought WAITS is a good song to play on radio.
Sam 41

Post by Sam 41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Sam 41 wrote:sure they can play whatever they want but first they have to know the song and I'm pretty sure they wouldnt know WAITS if there wasnt something form the label and stuff just because I know how big the sums are here and honestly they are nobody
Yeah, but that's not for sure. To me it sounds more like that the radio host have accidentally listened to SBM, and thought WAITS is a good song to play on radio.
I would prefer that too cos then they will probably play some other song(s) in the future like SBM or so :2cool4u:
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

WAITS is the most friendly radio song on the record, imo, so that'd make sense.
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by LTS »

Lars wrote:WAITS is the most friendly radio song on the record, imo, so that'd make sense.
wait... radio still exists?
One of a Kind of Something
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

LTS wrote:
Lars wrote:WAITS is the most friendly radio song on the record, imo, so that'd make sense.
wait... radio still exists?
xdxdxd

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

Alter The Press! confirmed BYDWK as the second single http://www.alterthepress.com/2011/05/ne ... tails.html
Last edited by stevo32 on Sat May 07, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm my worst enemy
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I'm starting to think that video wasn't for SBM after all... Which would mean that the LEAD SINGLE and TITLE TRACK doesn't even have a video.
:suicide:
fuck this signature nonsense
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

The video was for SBM never question that again unless you're an idiot.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

kILLDR3n wrote:The video was for SBM never question that again unless you're an idiot.
But the timing is awful. The second single is being released in 2 weeks, and the video for the first single (which was released 3 months ago already) is still under its way.