Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by DW_60 »

Sum 41 will be in Paris tomorrow
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

Simon wrote: Right, because the only alternative to giving it full credibility is completely ignoring it.
Pretty much what you just implied. You were dismissing it as if it was insignificant.
Simon wrote:And no, you did not say the same thing as Heather... Your initial reaction might have been the same, but I think she will agree that that's about it.
Yeah, that was my point. We had the same reaction but you blasted me because your butthurt I didn't say something along the lines of "Hey the titles are shit, but I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear them".
Simon wrote:She acknowledged that it is much harder to like a title by itself compared to listening a song and then thinking "Well, yeah the title isn't amazing if you just read it but it fits/makes sense when you hear the song", while something that might have sounded like a great title on a tracklist would have actually been worse.
Not sure why this is relevant... I only used her as an example because we had the same reaction. I don't even know her and could care less if she agrees with you.
Simon wrote: But do us a favor as well and stop talking like any of this is a reason to be disappointed.
I think that's intolerant of you. Believe it or not some people care about other things than if the songs sound good. Things that seem trivial like artwork, song titles, legacy, etc. can be be just as important as the songs. I appreciate creativity that's put into an album. Obviously, if they have been working on an album for 3 years, its should be pretty damn important. (Someone described it as groundbreaking) So as you'd expect I have some expectations. But so far... I haven't been blown away by anything and some of this even seems gimmicky to me... Just cause I'm wary doesn't mean any less of a fan than anyone here... If your mad cause I'm not your ideal cheery, fanciful fan that that's too bad.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

PLEASE! STFU!

Stop this nonsense!
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

You should both stop being immature jerks and just accept the fact that you don't share the same opinion. Damn...
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch

I want the last word, so I can get a good rep.

[/sarcasm]
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Sam 41
First name: Samuel

Post by Sam 41 »

I feel like Im in the kindergarten here
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

2712 wrote:
drummerlikestevo wrote:
2712 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote: @Lex, when you described "Epic" you said it repeated some parts near the beginning? Maybe like verses and choruses and then the rest of the song was bridge after bridge? I'm just wondering because if "Epic" is broken down to three songs, then a couple of those songs will have an odd arrangement, wouldn't they? Though if "Epic" did get broken down, it would make sense for the repeating parts in the beginning of "Epic" to not reappear at the end, otherwise you have two songs with the same parts.
THIS. BAMM! BLOWN WIDE OPEN!!!
2712, it's kind of amusing you're sort of worked up. i don't mind explaining.
perhaps the idea of an epic, long song from sum 41 excites me. 2112, La Villa Strangiato, Cygnus X-1 etc, all great Rush songs that are 9 minutes and longer. when i heard that there was a 12 minute sum 41 song, i was very excited to hear it in order to compare it to some of the greats. perhaps, it may become one of my favourites.

Maybe, they are broken down into 3 songs on the record and they have no commonality between them, for that i raise the question to sum 41, "why the FUCK call it a SINGLE 12 minute SONG to begin with?" it's very misleading. but, i for one remain hopeful that the French reviewer got it wrong, he/she got the titles of almost every song fucked up! how can you fuck that up when you're looking right at the album!??! if they got that shit wrong, perhaps they misunderstood the whole numbering system of the album and labeled the parts of "epic" as separate tracks.

perhaps i am "worked up" over this, but i think it's better to be optimistic over something that be a complete downer like mike.
how the fuck am i being a downer? SO WHAT IF THERES NOT A 12 MIN SONG, im not trying to put down people that there isnt a 12 min song, im just stating the fact that there isnt a 12 min song and we shouldnt keep discussing how or what happened to it. damn kid.
omgadam
First name: Adam

Post by omgadam »

Assuming that this forum is still about Sum 41 and not about forum-ers...

Who's excited for february 7th!? I can't wait to officially buy the single, makes it feel more real to me lol

Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

omgadam wrote:Assuming that this forum is still about Sum 41 and not about forum-ers...

Who's excited for february 7th!? I can't wait to officially buy the single, makes it feel more real to me lol
Me! I'll buy it on iTunes so it is twice as likely to come around on shuffle :glad: Also I'm really interested to see what they do for the video :glad:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

too many stuff to read have gathered here and I am not in my reading mood right now ..so is there a fucking 12 minute long song or no ?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:Believe it or not some people care about other things than if the songs sound good. Things that seem trivial like artwork, song titles, legacy, etc. can be be just as important as the songs.
If that's the case, your priorities are way off, especially since we are talking about Sum 41 here. Just listen to Deryck talk about the process of making an album for 2 minutes and I guarantee you will hear him say something like "I only care about the music, we have always pushed back choosing titles and artwork etc. to the last minute when there was no way around it anymore", so tell me who is ignorant. To me that's just looking at it with the right focus.
And there is a difference between ignoring and deciding something is insignificant after reading and comparing it to what we already heard.
Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:Yeah, that was my point. We had the same reaction but you blasted me because your butthurt I didn't say something along the lines of "Hey the titles are shit, but I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear them".
Exactly, you got it (well, except for the butthurt part, because I really couldn't care less if you said that in private).
Don't you think that makes all the difference? But please just think your answer because I'm tired of this.

Now, is anyone recording the Much Music appearance/performance? Or may be there is a stream or something?
Last edited by Simon on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
usmari_41
Bunkface
First name: Bruna Usmari
AKA: Bruna Usmari
Twitter: brunausmari

Post by usmari_41 »

Someone know how see much music online?
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

stevo has said in video interviews that what they wanted so release was a 12 minute segment of the record, pretty sure he even went onto so say it's a few songs that just flow together, so there you have it, enough said haha, we're all the ones that took it to mean it was one song
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

usmari_41 wrote:Someone know how see much music online?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

omgadam wrote:Who's excited for february 7th!? I can't wait to officially buy the single, makes it feel more real to me lol
I'm in Paris till Feb. 7th, and I really hope I can find a physical copy there somewhere.
I'm just a bit concerned about the Feb. 8th date given at Sum41.com
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUKnHEsRFLc okay here's an interview from way back, perhaps he did call it a song... which makes me a liar hahah, whooooppsss, but... if i find one where he changes how he says it, maybe i'm not a liar anymore haha
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

They’ve got to head to L.A. to make their video for the first single “Screaming Bloody Murder” and then it’s off to Paris to start their first tour cycle of the year.
Did anybody mention this? Looks like it's not going to be a crowd-involving video because they would have announced something.
- Stevo32

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Simon wrote:
They’ve got to head to L.A. to make their video for the first single “Screaming Bloody Murder” and then it’s off to Paris to start their first tour cycle of the year.
Did anybody mention this? Looks like it's not going to be a crowd-involving video because they would have announced something.
Yeah, I posted it. But I was more paying attention to their flight plans.
Deryck and Steve flew from LA to Toronto for the interviews. Now they all are heading back to LA for one day, then off to Paris. Wouldn't it have been easier to shoot the video in LA like last week, then off to T.O. and from there to Paris? :glad:
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch

There better be a 12 minute song... you just can't tell fans for 6 months there's gonna be one, and not come through.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

They can, remember "We're back, fuck you."

But I'm pretty sure it is there and it has just been formally divided into the 3 song-like parts, so it would be more accessible.
- Stevo32