Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by FuckT41182 »

my expectations for the year 2011 are very very fucking high ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

fenderrocks wrote:
Lars wrote:And SBM ends with the sound of a sick and twisted baby mobile.
think it began with that. I hate thats the only way I can describe it, but thats what it reminded me of. I remember that part more so than other parts cause it was so out there..haha

yeah I'm getting impatient for this record, but it is coming in march for sure
Yeah, I realized that when I already posted this one.

But anyway, I'm sure you all get my point. SBM is different and special, in every possible way, I can tell you that.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

There are no words to describe how sick I'm getting of this waiting..
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:There are no words to describe how sick I'm getting of this waiting..
I've already given up waiting. When it comes, I'll be super-excited for it. But I'm already tired of the waiting process. :glad:
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Tomi I love your sig! Deryck's shirt is awesome! I gotta get that shirt!
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

sumfan4 wrote:Tomi I love your sig! Deryck's shirt is awesome! I gotta get that shirt!
enjoy shopping at Hanna Beth's store :)

http://soberisexy.bigcartel.com/category/mens#show
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

yeah i would have been much more excited if it was out already. this waiting is too long, people are getting hyped but pissed off now. i've been a sum 41 fan for as long as i can remember but after UH and all this waiting im kinda not that excited about it any more :/
.nobrains

Post by .nobrains »

When the album will be released in Europe? I've heard that will be in January, February and now March...
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I don't think its to induce hype, its the fact that Sum41 is not top billing on IR, IMO, they finally took the time to listen to it and went oh snap its good, lets release it now
Name
Bunkface
First name: Dave
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Name »

fenderrocks wrote:I don't think its to induce hype, its the fact that Sum41 is not top billing on IR, IMO, they finally took the time to listen to it and went oh snap its good, lets release it now
Well i think IR just do not care about Sum 41 as much as their other Artists. Underclass Hero only sold 44,000 copies in the US on its 1st week (64,000 in Canada) it may have been there best selling record to date since AKNF but it was still considered a commercial failure.

I really hope this is a comeback album for the Sums, they do not suck at all its just that they never get enough publicity (aside from Deryck who only got it for marrying Avril)

Island pretty much is saying "oh screw sum 41, we have bigger artists who sell tons of more albums so they have to wait."
Last edited by Name on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Yeah well, I agree if IR says that they have other artists that sell more than Sum 41, you can't doubt that. You've got that Bieber-kid and all that other shit, but these things just sell to day.

But it's not because an artist sells pretty good, one another should be 'left alone' or something like that. Sum 41 may not be the biggest name at IR anymore, they've still been very important to them. So it's just a little disrespectful towards Sum 41 and to us, fans.

I'll look at the good side of this: at least they didn't put a lot of pressure on the band's shoulders, which led in my opinion to (probably) the most artistic and (who knows) the best they've ever done.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

hmm...if it will be artistic than it probably will not be successful XD I know many artistic bands and they sell shit ...Lady Gaga wins it all with her stupid motherfucking lame cocksucking cookie-cutter shit ...If they want sell more records,than they should make a video with Megan Fox,do collaborations with Rihana or Pink(Eminem) :P ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Name wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:I don't think its to induce hype, its the fact that Sum41 is not top billing on IR, IMO, they finally took the time to listen to it and went oh snap its good, lets release it now
Well i think IR just do not care about Sum 41 as much as their other Artists. Underclass Hero only sold 44,000 copies in the US on its 1st week (64,000 in Canada) it may have been there best selling record to date since AKNF but it was still considered a commercial failure.

I really hope this is a comeback album for the Sums, they do not suck at all its just that they never get enough publicity (aside from Deryck who only got it for marrying Avril)

Island pretty much is saying "oh screw sum 41, we have bigger artists who sell tons of more albums so they have to wait."
Those are actually some mighty impressive first week numbers for a band that hadn't appeared much in the mainstream for years, and considering the fact that the music industry was all but obliterated at that point. Also, didn't they debut at number seven on the billboard charts with that album, which was their highest debut ever? On top of that, they knocked Bon Jovi off the top of the album charts in Japan and stayed there for two weeks, and they also had strong showings in countries like Germany. Bands like Sum 41 are still very important to record labels because they have a pre-installed fan base that will always buy their albums.

Just remember, for every Sum 41 on a label like Island, there is always that pop act that they took a chance on who only managed to sell 127 albums in their first week and couldn't re-coup enough to be picked up for their next option!

Still though, I'd love to see the Sums on a label like Epitaph for their next album
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLVdUgh7 ... re=related

you hear a lot of SBM music at the background?? i'm excited

not really sure maybe its from a other band
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

dirk wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLVdUgh7 ... re=related

I don't know why they are bringing this up again. This video was released already in the summer.
And since it came out just around the Skumfuk release time, I highly doubt the video includes any SBM material.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

FuckT41182 wrote:hmm...if it will be artistic than it probably will not be successful XD I know many artistic bands and they sell shit ...Lady Gaga wins it all with her stupid motherfucking lame cocksucking cookie-cutter shit ...If they want sell more records,than they should make a video with Megan Fox,do collaborations with Rihana or Pink(Eminem) :P ...
Lady Gaga is probably one of the most unique artists out ther today, she writes everything herself and she just does whatever she wants, come on, wearing a dress made out of bacon is just pure awesomeness. Allthough i couldn't care less for her music.
Lars wrote:Yeah well, I agree if IR says that they have other artists that sell more than Sum 41, you can't doubt that. You've got that Bieber-kid and all that other shit, but these things just sell to day.

But it's not because an artist sells pretty good, one another should be 'left alone' or something like that. Sum 41 may not be the biggest name at IR anymore, they've still been very important to them. So it's just a little disrespectful towards Sum 41 and to us, fans.

That's what happens when you sign a seven record deal. The label need to make money, it's simple as that.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:Lady Gaga is probably one of the most unique artists out ther today, she writes everything herself and she just does whatever she wants, come on, wearing a dress made out of bacon is just pure awesomeness. Allthough i couldn't care less for her music.
unique ?? :D the idea of her style doesn't remind you of someone ???she came with it all by herself,right ?:D wait,Mad ''cough'' onna ...hmm Madonna I remember the first chick :D and you mean the lyrics like Alejandro,Pedro ? :D
but right,I don't give a fuck about her ...it's just stupid that those lyrics with absolutely nothing special in them are called lyrics...and many more bands with lyrics of pure awesomeness have no success ...that pisses me off and I beg you to apologize my behaviour cause I just can't stop ...even though Lady Gaga fans have their explanation ...I would go with IQ less than 90
just found this XD they stole my idea :P
Last edited by FuckT41182 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:
dirk wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLVdUgh7 ... re=related

I don't know why they are bringing this up again. This video was released already in the summer.
And since it came out just around the Skumfuk release time, I highly doubt the video includes any SBM material.
It doen't include any new information but it's fun to watch..
They probably brought this up again because Sum41brasil uploaded it to youtube..
Before they uploaded it the only place to find that footage was on the Fuse site.. which Sum 41 probably didn't even know..
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

because just a few of people can be ambitious,strong and smart :P and then there are those who listen to her music XD just kidding not a few just me
hate this shit ...I am hungry and I am too lazy to make myself something to eat ...I am probably gonna die now