Sum 41 in Italy, February 2011

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Sum 41 in Italy, February 2011

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I think it was their first time going to Poland on the Eastpak Tour?
Yep, and Finland also. And their previous tour in September included first times for Czech Rep. and Russia (if you don't count that music award show in 2009).
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Lars wrote:The headlining dates were probably because they've never been to those countries before, or at least not much at all.

I agree with you on the Eastpak Tour, but again... One Belgian headlining show in 7 years is peanuts, while comparing it to the US-ones.
Yeah, when you put it that way, I can see where you're going with it.. though, I guess their way to make up for this was to actually play 3 times in Belgium this year, although yeah, it was one headlining and two festivals, but you can't deny it's freakin' cool to see them in a festival in September, then headlining in November. It's still cool to see them twice in like two-three months, it's still cool to rock out to the songs they also play on short sets like the big hits (WATB, Still Waiting, Hell Song).
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

It was... Let me put it this way: a special experience to see them 3 times in like 7 months or something.

I just hope they won't forgot Belgium when SBM is out. Because that's what I'm looking really forward to: a new album-tour!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

I bet they will return to another full European tour in 2011. I mean, they already got dates for France, Italy and Germany. And it seems they had a really great time now while touring Europe, so I bet they will return for more. I mean, before this European tour, they were barely playing there, mostly just the UK and maybe some dates in France and Germany here and there.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Yeah, I remember back in 2005 they were going to play one of the biggest festivals in Europe, Rock Werchter (you should check out the line-ups by the way).

But then Deryck had his voice troubles and they cancelled like half of their European dates and none of their North American-dates. Keep in mind they only planned like 8 European shows back then.

Of course they were more popular in North America and Canada, so it made sense they didn't cancel one of those. But I was disappointed anyway.

That's why I'm so thankful for them doing this European tour(s).

I love them.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Lars wrote:Yeah, I remember back in 2005 they were going to play one of the biggest festivals in Europe, Rock Werchter (you should check out the line-ups by the way).

But then Deryck had his voice troubles and they cancelled like half of their European dates and none of their North American-dates. Keep in mind they only planned like 8 European shows back then.

Of course they were more popular in North America and Canada, so it made sense they didn't cancel one of those. But I was disappointed anyway.

That's why I'm so thankful for them doing this European tour(s).

I love them.
The same thing happened in 2003. they had to cancel a dutch festival because something was up wit hDeryck's voice
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Really? I remember them playing a Belgian festival in August '03.

What Dutch festival was that?
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Lars wrote:Really? I remember them playing a Belgian festival in August '03.

What Dutch festival was that?
Pinkpop

http://www.graz.nl/bericht.asp?id=199
Last edited by Mitchell on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

The good old Pinkpop.

Amazing festival.
LulaWhibley
Billy Spleen
First name: Lula

Post by LulaWhibley »

i will be thereeeeeeeeeeee (bologna ahauhauha)
  • ROCK IN IDRHO, Italy