fenderrocks wrote:I've criticized it enough on a different forum, lets just say I think its garbage
Copy + Paste please. I wan't to see this.
haha...but in all fairness these are out of frustration...she has the talent to do better than this
1. sounds like shit, girlfriend part II almost sounds like aaron carter. The title doesn't really go with the music, like the meaning is watered down due to the popness
2. they wouldn't even know the edge of a razor if it cut em (referring to people on Bandaids calling it edgy)
3. its really like she has ultimately coped out. they lyrics don't really make sense. baby baby is just kinda thrown in there, she has on autotuned, when she doesn't need it, we all know she can sing. The very very first part of the song sounds ok the " an woooa I'm thinking what the hell" sounds a bit sk8erboi-ish...the rest is just garbage...even as a radio song she can do MUCH better than that crap. The instruments are even crap, the drums are watered-down and there is some syth thing in the background that could have been done with a guitar
4. thats one major thing I've never liked about uber-pop the lyrics are so generic and boring.
5. (replying to another post) if thats the case I would have hoped she could have come up with something more impressive than "If you love me, if you hate me. you can save me, babybaby" I've written songs about "personal freedom" before with a lot better words than that. That is the point I was trying to make with my post, being that this is her "pop" song, I believe she could have done better. She could have said fuck off Deryck I want to be free in a better way than that chorus....imo
guess I've been listening to Butch and KT Tunsall's creative lyrics too much
and yes, the song is super catchy, just failed lyrically wise for me, but thats a radio hit for ya. I want her to do something progressive as an artist, that song isn't it, looking forward to hearing the more mature material
6. so basically I just don't like the song as of the 30sec clip....and once I make my mind up about a song thats usually how it stays
and on Evan's site
1. WTH is right, crap crap crap song...hope the rest is a million times better, cause that is pure shit to be blunt