When it's all over

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: When it's all over

Post by Jeremy Kill »

If Screaming Bloody Murder ends up being the best album they've ever written, I'll be more accepting if they break up after doing this record. I'd like them to leave on a strong note rather than just staying forever and being a band that "fades away" from making mediocre album after album. But I don't want Screaming Bloody Murder to be the last album they do. I mean, it's hard for me to think where they could take their music next.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

I don't think about these things.. I just enjoy their music, their shows and I don't admit that it could end someday.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I can't remember where I saw this, but I remember that they said somewhere they can't do anything but music, again, I don't know if it was the sums...
To my mind, they won't really be able to break up soon, just because of the shows : they love touring, and even if they make a break, they'll have to get back on tour. And yeah, I don't want Sum 41 to break up one day !
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, it would actually seem like something that could happen... that SBM will be like their best album ever and also the last, but I hope not, cuz If it really is going to be that badass as its supposed to be, then I see no reason that they won't continue evolving from there, and like Jeremy said - to see where they take their music after that.

But I do agree that they'll probably call it quits when one of them dies or something. I don't think that something like family or one of them having a kid would get in the way... I think they're a force much stronger, and in case of a kid, they'll just go on sorts of a hiatus or take a year off or whatever, but not break up. Though, If Deryck eventually wounds up recording a solo album, Steve is definitely gonna play on it.. I mean, it almost the way it works in Sum 41 now, except that Steve occasionally co-writes with Deryck (UH the song, Ma Poubelle), but Steve always said that he knows the way Deryck likes the drums on the albums and all and he works by that, so I don't think it'll be a problem with Steve to stick up with Deryck at least on his album.

If they'll split, I think Cone should do some new band. As much as I think the Operation MD is pretty cool, I don't see it as a real band. The whole concept is surreal, they seem just cool this way like a small project, but not like a big band to tour the world and play festivals and stuff. Plus, their musical style is this very minimal alternative/indie so I don't think they could go too far with such music in the scene. But It could be cool if Cone will start some cool new punk band, or even something like old school hard rock cuz I know Cone also loves all these old hard rock. Maybe even such a band with Todd, cuz Todd also not doing much, beside touring here and there with H2O sometimes.
turtlehobopirate
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Minna
Instrument 1: Acoustic Guitar

Post by turtlehobopirate »

It seems they have no other life than music. That's their career, hobby, and lifestyle. I'm sure no matter what, Cone, Steve, and Deryck will continue to make music. I see them lasting until they're all 40 because that's a pretty old age to be making punk/rock songs.

Wikipedian Protester

http://xkcd.com/
http://explosm.net/
My masters are Reem and Aaron and they are awesome. My awesome n00b is Gutter Dreams. Don't mess with them.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

I hope they break up now.
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:I hope they break up now.
lol would be quite funny then SBM will never be released :devious:
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Mr-David-Blues wrote:
Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:I hope they break up now.
lol would be quite funny then SBM will never be released :devious:
haha, like we haven't waited long enough for this album!