Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Simon »

I really hope they play Skumfuk, it's my absolute favorite at the moment.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Jesse254
First name: Jesse

Post by Jesse254 »

So we can say: this tour will be epic!!!!
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Jesse254 wrote:So we can say: this tour will be epic!!!!
since I can't go... obviously... I'm looking forward to the youtube vids to see what the shows have been like.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
Jesse254 wrote:So we can say: this tour will be epic!!!!
since I can't go... obviously... I'm looking forward to the youtube vids to see what the shows have been like.
don't worry we'll post reviews :2cool4u:
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Another new interview by Bizzy D.
http://www.egigs.co.uk/index.php?a=13642
Will this be the first chance for people to hear anything from it (SBM) on this tour?
Well I don't think we're going to play too much of it yet, as it's not out yet. It's not coming out until the new year, but we might play a song or two.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

TomiT14 wrote:Another new interview by Bizzy D.
http://www.egigs.co.uk/index.php?a=13642
Will this be the first chance for people to hear anything from it (SBM) on this tour?
Well I don't think we're going to play too much of it yet, as it's not out yet. It's not coming out until the new year, but we might play a song or two.
I bet whoever wrote that put the "or two" part in. It's only going to be skumfuck and if people are lucky maybe a little instrumental of a new song.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

They should totally play the first single as well...and release it this November instead of pushing it to December/January like Cone said.
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

they will play a handful of new songs off the new album and someone will record them all in HD quality and put it on youtube, not gonna waste a thought on anything else!!!11

didn't they rehearsed some of the new songs last time they were in Europe? what was the point of that if they don't play any of them in the next 4 or 5 months?

IR will make themselves a whole fucking hell of a lot less popular if they told the sums not to perform any new songs live because they want to push back the album again for no reason.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Hideo_Kuze wrote:they will play a handful of new songs off the new album and someone will record them all in HD quality and put it on youtube, not gonna waste a thought on anything else!!!11

didn't they rehearsed some of the new songs last time they were in Europe? what was the point of that if they don't play any of them in the next 4 or 5 months?

IR will make themselves a whole fucking hell of a lot less popular if they told the sums not to perform any new songs live because they want to push back the album again for no reason.
well they played the entire album during a soundcheck..

and IR probably doesn't tell them to not play new songs and it wouldn't make them that less popular if they did, Sum 41isn't that big of a deal to IR
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Hideo_Kuze wrote:they will play a handful of new songs off the new album and someone will record them all in HD quality and put it on youtube, not gonna waste a thought on anything else!!!11

It wasn't the whole album it was only 4 songs including Skumfuck, the 12-minute song, and two others...I forget the names of them.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:

It wasn't the whole album it was only 4 songs including Skumfuck, the 12-minute song, and two others...I forget the names of them.
idk, i saw that cip where that lady is talking about what they were playing, and it seemed bs to me. like she seemed to say only the songs that are known and going around the internet. if you have the link, that'd be sick so i could watch it/reexamine it again.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:

you're talking about another soundcheck

found it! this is what Tomi was told by Tom himself
They played the whole SBM album yesterday in Germany for the soundcheck. Today only half of it in Prague.
Last edited by Mitchell on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hideo_Kuze wrote:didn't they rehearsed some of the new songs last time they were in Europe? what was the point of that if they don't play any of them in the next 4 or 5 months?
The Sums have said that they want to do a show full of energy. They've said that they don't like it how the crowd reacts when they're playing previously unreleased song. But since they like playing the new songs, the play them on soundcheck.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

TomiT14 wrote:The Sums have said that they want to do a show full of energy. They've said that they don't like it how the crowd reacts when they're playing previously unreleased song. But since they like playing the new songs, the play them on soundcheck.
I think they should play another song, beside Skumfuk.

I do understand their opinion though, but imagine... Hearing a brand new song live... *jizz*... Oh shit.
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Lars wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:The Sums have said that they want to do a show full of energy. They've said that they don't like it how the crowd reacts when they're playing previously unreleased song. But since they like playing the new songs, the play them on soundcheck.

I do understand their opinion though, but imagine... Hearing a brand new song live... *jizz*... Oh shit.
Like Steve said tho they dont wana play a brand new song live for the 1st time if no1 has heard it cuz he thinks it would kill the vibe cuz no1 will know it
I sorta agree with him
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Yeah I know, but still. It would be amazing for hardcore fans, like we are.
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Lars wrote:Yeah I know, but still. It would be amazing for hardcore fans, like we are.
It would just be good to hear some new material lol
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

am I the only one who does not need any of the new songs live ??? the album is 5 months away ...it's not that much ...you probably won't even realize and you will be listening to it ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Lars wrote:

Exactly. I couldn't think any better way to listen to the new songs for the first time than hearing it live straight from the band itself. The second best way would be the way Heather heard the new songs. *jealous* :glad:

And I don't know why they changed their mind? They've played an unreleased song in every other era (Motivation, Mr. Amsterdam, We're All To Blame, KOC and CAFIMT), well before the songs were released. So why not this time?
Although watching the MTV Hard Rock 2004 performance (The first time of WATB), I can see why they dislike playing new songs live. But one or two new songs wouldn't hurt the whole show!
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

FuckT41182 wrote:am I the only one who does not need any of the new songs live ??? the album is 5 months away ...it's not that much ...you probably won't even realize and you will be listening to it ...
Well, let me put it this way: I'm glad there will be some changes in the setlist.

Songs like My Direction are imo setlist-fillers. I'd prefer 88 or There's No Solution, for example. Those songs are pretty energetic too, I think.