Sum 41 Not On Main Stage for warped tour

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: Sum 41 Not On Main Stage for warped tour

Post by Boni »

41salute wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:I'm always glad that Sum 41 always choose to play the Glasgow Barrowlands instead of the O2 Academy or the SECC. In the Barrowlands it's all standing and it's amazing whatever band you go and see.
I've never understood why people like the Barrowlands so much (even Metallica said they played their best gig there). Carling Academy or the ABC is my favourite.

I remember I used to want the Warped Tour to come to the UK, but then it started getting shitty with BMTH and Brokencyde.
The reason I like it the most is because when you walk in it's just like a massive warehouse, the reason I don't like the Academy is because of the balcony seating. I always prefer standing and the more people standing means the more people for a massive circle pit.
[donate][/donate]
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

kILLDR3n wrote:
Simon wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:So how long will Sum 41's setlist be then? Hopefully not some 45 min bs...
Probably exactly that.
shouldn't they have a good hour or more? damn the new blink tour was over an hour and a half. new i feel as if i shouldn't go a full day to only see them for 45 min because every other band there is terrible.
Actually it's more like 30 minutes. And if Sum 41 is the only band you like on the entire tour i don't know what kind of music you like.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Emil wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:
Simon wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:So how long will Sum 41's setlist be then? Hopefully not some 45 min bs...
Probably exactly that.
shouldn't they have a good hour or more? damn the new blink tour was over an hour and a half. new i feel as if i shouldn't go a full day to only see them for 45 min because every other band there is terrible.
Actually it's more like 30 minutes. And if Sum 41 is the only band you like on the entire tour i don't know what kind of music you like.
Besides Sum 41, most of the bands on Warped Tour are either emo, screamo, pussy rock, or old punk. I don't like either of those.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

kILLDR3n wrote:
Emil wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:
Simon wrote:
Probably exactly that.
Besides Sum 41, most of the bands on Warped Tour are either emo, screamo, pussy rock, or old punk. I don't like either of those.
Haha, that sounds exactly like something I would say, although I don't even know what bands exactly you're talking about.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
BCR1299
First name: Jay

Post by BCR1299 »

Bobbyjames wrote:would be interesting to see who they clash with when the times are released
funny you say that because at the Pittsburgh show. We were all booing the Casualties saying you guys suck we want sum 41.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

BCR1299 wrote:
Bobbyjames wrote:would be interesting to see who they clash with when the times are released
funny you say that because at the Pittsburgh show. We were all booing the Casualties saying you guys suck we want sum 41.
Interesting, but i think Boni was referring to album success and record sales/billboard success.
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
41salute wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:I'm always glad that Sum 41 always choose to play the Glasgow Barrowlands instead of the O2 Academy or the SECC. In the Barrowlands it's all standing and it's amazing whatever band you go and see.
I've never understood why people like the Barrowlands so much (even Metallica said they played their best gig there). Carling Academy or the ABC is my favourite.

I remember I used to want the Warped Tour to come to the UK, but then it started getting shitty with BMTH and Brokencyde.
The reason I like it the most is because when you walk in it's just like a massive warehouse, the reason I don't like the Academy is because of the balcony seating. I always prefer standing and the more people standing means the more people for a massive circle pit.
Totally agree with you Boni The barras is an amazing gig venue
ive started to like the much smaller venues such as the garage or even King Tuts even tho its tiny its still a great place to see a band especially if a bigger band is playing