Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Re: Your Interview Questions

Post by Heather »

usmari_41 wrote:1.The nickname Tan-Tom comes from where?
Brow Tom is no longer. From now on, he shall be known as Tan-tom. Mostly because despite our best efforts, he's not actually brown 4:45 AM Jun 28th via UberTwitter
the perfect li e
Billy Spleen

Post by the perfect li e »

hah that letter asking Deryck if he know jesus made me lol
41salute
Bunkface

Post by 41salute »

Jake-41 wrote:
41salute wrote:Where the fucking fuck is the fucking Cone fucking b-side, you cunt-flaps?
Do you like your fellow Canadians Protest The Hero? Quite frankly, their music shits on yours.
What's your favourite colour/ice-cream flavour?
Wow, I thought the Scottish were calm-submissive people.
We is. I'm just a bit pissed about the Cone song, and PTH > The Sums.
AltMusicNews.com
First name: Kramer

Post by AltMusicNews.com »

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ET96xLUhoLI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ET96xLUhoLI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

12 minutes?

jesus.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

12min song? What =D JESUS OF SUBURBIA!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Holy shit 12 minute song?! That's amazing! "Dun, dun, dun, dun! I'm the song of rage and love!"

I loved how they were like "...wtf?" With No Reason Part 2! I didn't think that question would've actually been used! Haha.

Awesome though, thanks for doing this!
Sumfan wrote:12 minutes?

jesus.
Of Suburbia.

EDIT: And apparently we've all thought the same thing!
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

So we already know that the song will be epic. And I love how the ETA is a couple of weeks now. Which in Sum 41 terminology is very end of July. Either way I'm excited.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

What if all those snippets of songs in the studio updates were all just part of this 12-minute behemoth of a song? Talk about mindfuck. I take it they're not joking about the length? At first I thought it was a joke because Steve brought it up, but then Cone went along with it as far to say that it was a quarter length of the album. So from that we can tell the album is at least 40 minutes and there's probably less than 14 tracks if the rest of the songs are assumed to be around 3 minutes long.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle

Post by kILLDR3n »

"12 minute song, get it for free, gets a snippet of how the rest of the album sounds"

The way everyone else interprets that is that its one 12 minute song. For some reason I'm interpreting it as a bunch of samples of songs put together now, although everyone is going to tell me I'm wrong and I hope I am.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

kILLDR3n wrote:"12 minute song, get it for free, gets a snippet of how the rest of the album sounds"

The way everyone else interprets that is that its one 12 minute song. For some reason I'm interpreting it as a bunch of samples of songs put together now, although everyone is going to tell me I'm wrong and I hope I am.
I'm beginning to see where you're coming from, though when Steve mentions the song he starts of saying "It's not some Mickey Mouse 30 second..." so I'm assuming it's a full song. Otherwise they would've (or should've) been more specific saying that it's a 12-minute track with samples of all the songs on the album.

If this really is a single 12-minute song, then I'm really interested to hear how they pull it off. To keep someone interested for an entire 12 minutes without having them space out and then come back to reality going, "Oh, is this song still playing?" is quite the feat. It happens to me a lot during songs that break that 4 or 5 minute mark.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle

Post by kILLDR3n »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:"12 minute song, get it for free, gets a snippet of how the rest of the album sounds"

I'm beginning to see where you're coming from, though when Steve mentions the song he starts of saying "It's not some Mickey Mouse 30 second..." so I'm assuming it's a full song. Otherwise they would've (or should've) been more specific saying that it's a 12-minute track with samples of all the songs on the album.

If this really is a single 12-minute song, then I'm really interested to hear how they pull it off. To keep someone interested for an entire 12 minutes without having them space out and then come back to reality going, "Oh, is this song still playing?" is quite the feat. It happens to me a lot during songs that break that 4 or 5 minute mark.
I'm actually almost certain its not a single song. Cone probably just misspoke and that 12 minutes is snippet of how the album sounds. Its a collaboration of samples.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I have a bad feeling about a twelwe minute song. Especially since they 4 minute songs they had on UH got me bored. But maybe it i'll be like The Decline by NOFX which is 18 minutes long.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

i hope its samples and not a full song, I think my limit is 5 min.

And like Jer said, on long songs I find myself looking at the track time and going "is this song still playing". Thas one thing I don't like about Green Day's last two albums

EDIT: I'll ask about it
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

fenderrocks wrote:EDIT: I'll ask about it
Cool :) According to Cone's words,I think that it will be a full song but I also admit that their verbalization is sometimes pretty complicated
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

i don't mind if the song is long, but i wonder how's gonna sound since the guys mostly play 3-5 min songs