Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: The Sum 41 New Album Thread!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

kILLDR3n wrote:Steve said back in late May that in a couple of weeks a couple of songs would be out on Sum41.com, what happened to that? I really don't trust what they say.
I think that's still on its way isn't it? Like the free download or whatever. But I think it's just one song.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Yes, it's supposed happen this or next week and it's going to be a free song.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
41salute
Bunkface

Post by 41salute »

kILLDR3n wrote:Steve said back in late May that in a couple of weeks a couple of songs would be out on Sum41.com, what happened to that? I really don't trust what they say.
Me neither. They seem to be a bunch of filthy liars, especially Deryck Whibley, that fat-nosed munchkin.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Liar, liar, pants on fire!
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

Screaming Bloody Murder sounds not sum 41. Cant help it, but it sounds more for a metalband.

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

sdkee wrote:Screaming Bloody Murder sounds not sum 41. Cant help it, but it sounds more for a metalband.
yeah cause Chuck or DTLI are pop albums ;)
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

FuckT41182 wrote:
sdkee wrote:Screaming Bloody Murder sounds not sum 41. Cant help it, but it sounds more for a metalband.
They sure as hell weren't metal. They were just another one of those pop-punk hybrid albums of the time.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
They sure as hell weren't metal. They were just another one of those pop-punk hybrid albums of the time.
I know that they weren't metal...but closer to metal than to pop or punk ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Chuck prehaps, but not DTLI?.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

the bitter end is metalish and mainly because its completely inspired by metallica to the point of nearly being a rip off lol. none of the rest is metal

and this new album name is pretty terrible
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Tyler. wrote:the bitter end is metalish and mainly because its completely inspired by metallica to the point of nearly being a rip off lol. none of the rest is metal

and this new album name is pretty terrible
I didn't say that Chuck is metal ...I just said that it's closer to metal than to pop or punk or i don't know what the fuck else ..
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I'd say Chuck was more Post-Hardcore than Metal. I always just class it as Hardcore Punk to keep it simple. I've never been one to care about genres. It is what it is I always say and what Screaming Bloody Murder is to me is a lyric from a Papa Roach song, a pretty good song at that. I like the album title, I don't think it will be massive but it all depends on the record labels promotion.
[donate][/donate]
Jesse254
First name: Jesse

Post by Jesse254 »

i think this title is good, because deryck said the new album is other than all albums before and its more agressive.
Schmiznatch

Post by Schmiznatch »

Jesse254 wrote:i think this title is good, because deryck said the new album is other than all albums before and its more agressive.
I'm assuming you meant, "the new album is better than all..." but let us not forget that Underclass Hero came with the exact same promises. I personally loved the album, but I definitely don't think it was their best. I just want a new album with a change in direction for the band.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:I'd say Chuck was more Post-Hardcore than Metal. I always just class it as Hardcore Punk to keep it simple. I've never been one to care about genres. It is what it is I always say and what Screaming Bloody Murder is to me is a lyric from a Papa Roach song, a pretty good song at that. I like the album title, I don't think it will be massive but it all depends on the record labels promotion.
Yeah, it seems they do better when they put shit out. (AKNF, UH.)

UH IS MY FAVORITE ALBUM!!1

Anyway, i dunno what to hope for.. If it's really good, like a breakthrough, then all the kids i know and shit will love them, and that might kinda soil it for me. UH wasn't promoted very well, and with all the teenie-songs on that album, I'd prolly hate this band.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Uh was promoted awfuly, especially after Deryck hurt his back and all, after that I think their label pretty much stopped promoting them, they played the rescheduled Canadian and UK dates they cancelled cuz of the accident and thats it.. they kinda disappeared there until the end of 2008 when they returnred the sudio and released the Best of.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
They weren't metal. DTLI is literally just "rock" with some hard rock for some of the songs. Sum 41 is not a punk band. Chuck I would label as "hard rock" compared to their other works.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

kILLDR3n wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
They weren't metal. DTLI is literally just "rock" with some hard rock for some of the songs. Sum 41 is not a punk band. Chuck I would label as "hard rock" compared to their other works.
okay I'm giving up ...just stop this shit about genres...Christoper said it well,genres are not importat,if you like the music is what counts ...
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

kILLDR3n wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
You guys have to understand "metal" changes over time along with all other genres. Today bands like Breaking Benjamin and Bullet For My Valentine are considered in the vein of Metal, then again, BFMV is also considered metalcore, and BB hard rock, so who knows?

I'd consider Chuck to be a modern metal album.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Sumfan wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
You guys have to understand "metal" changes over time along with all other genres. Today bands like Breaking Benjamin and Bullet For My Valentine are considered in the vein of Metal, then again, BFMV is also considered metalcore, and BB hard rock, so who knows?

I'd consider Chuck to be a modern metal album.
Breaking Benjamin is perfect ...Especially when I'm listening to the song "Dear Agony" and knowing why he sings it ...