Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Re: Seriously, Deryck?

Post by Aaron »

Schmiznatch wrote:what they are all about
rock
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Schmiznatch wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Gunner wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:So, he's like those people that drive better when they're intoxicated, except instead of driving, he's playing guitar.

And they say don't do drugs, haha.
I don't know, but he was definitely more entertaining and more fun to watch.

And they probably don't do drugs anymore. All these drug stories were over five years ago. I doubt they're still doing cocaine, shrooms and acid now that they're married. Deryck, maybe now that he's unshackled. But most likely not.
He was more entertaining and fun to watch back then, haha.

Is it bad to wish he'd get back on em?
...I'm kidding of course.
Pretty much. I personally don't do drugs, I experienced them with zero benefit to my life and while I admit that my favorite album is, "Does This Look Infected?" I don't think it's fair to say that he was more entertaining on drugs. Mainly because at that point what do you really find entertaining? You're gaining enjoyment from the drugs affecting his brain than the actual person. I'm glad they aren't being immature little brats anymore, because I feel that the fans will get a feel for the artist and what they are all about/what they want to say with their art. Honestly, removing any lyrical hints, if you compare their albums they all contain vintage Sum 41 elements and writing styles; the older songs may have been written as a result of drugs, but they weren't like tripping acid as they wrote the riffs...c'mon.
What I mean was the live shows were more entertaining when Deryck did them drunk because he was more spontaneous and the banter wasn't scripted and reused from show to show.
jaw knee jak
Bunkface

Post by jaw knee jak »

best pic ever!
Schmiznatch

Post by Schmiznatch »

Ah. I see! I hope he'll get better with time, I understand what you mean. A few of the things he says sound similar, but honestly, he doesn't seem like the most outgoing person ever. I think, like Billie Joe, he will mature and become more familiar/entertaining with age and experience.