He sold his daughter for......O_o

Talk about what's happening now. Talk politics. Talk about whatever is going on in this world.
SakuCaribou
Bunkface
Instrument 1: guitare

Re: He sold his daughter for......O_o

Post by SakuCaribou »

Things like this happend...we saw a movie in english class about some country i dont remember the name, where theres arrange marriage and stuff... and the dad and brothers killes their daughter/sister if she does not marry the guy they want... one even got killed beacause she continued talking to her cousin when she turned 18....and their actually proud of it...they say its the best thign to do and no one can be more prouf then by doing this....anyway..shit happens!
Slither
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Vocals

Post by Slither »

Bomb those countries.
SakuCaribou
Bunkface

Post by SakuCaribou »

That's how they are. Not all are liek that though, but most of them are. They'd probobly have the same reaction towards how WE live.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

SakuCaribou wrote:Things like this happend...we saw a movie in english class about some country i dont remember the name, where theres arrange marriage and stuff... and the dad and brothers killes their daughter/sister if she does not marry the guy they want... one even got killed beacause she continued talking to her cousin when she turned 18....and their actually proud of it...they say its the best thign to do and no one can be more prouf then by doing this....anyway..shit happens!
not so many year ago arranged marriage were a common thing over , women werent allowed to buy a house for example without her husband consent , we didnt have the right to own any propriety , the man was the one who inherited everything even from the parents in law oh and if you want to "divorce" you had to say bye to your kids cos the man was the one kept them etc...
SakuCaribou
Bunkface

Post by SakuCaribou »

Yeah thats sort of my point. Not that long ago it was like that here. And instead of looking at other culture mentalities, we should start by looking at ourselves and see what WE do wrong. I'm not saying that their doing the right thing.WHo are we to justify what is right or wrong anyway? Theres no REAL truth of right and wrong. We only follow laws by which we live. Every culture has their good and bad. I totally agree, this is pretty stunning, but thats how it is. Kids get beaten up here. There are children soldieres, people who live in streets...Yeah, Canada is a very nice and peacefull place, more than a lot of places. My point is, no culture is the same and theres no right or wrong awnser, because we all believe hard like rock in OUR way of being