My new Mac Book Pro

Calling all nerds! Talk tech in this forum.

Moderator: Boni

d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

My new Mac Book Pro

Post by d4rkst4r »

I finally made the jump, so this morning I just received my new 15' mac book pro. So far I really like it and I'm still learning how to do stuff. Only 1 problem I have and I hope you guys can help me cause it's getting really annoying. The illuminated keyboard light isn't working. It was working for the first couple hours and then I changed some System Preferences and it's not working. Every time I press f5 or f6, the little screen pops up and it won't change. And there's a little icon below it that's just a white circle with a slash through the middle as if i can't change this setting anymore. Anyone know whats going on? I've got the latest updates so that not the problem. thanks
tomhoppus is my hero.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Re: My new Mac Book Pro

Post by Nic »

I wish I could help but my MacBook doesn't have the illuminated keyboard which I would love to have.

Google is your friend.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

Yeah, I've been looking it up on Google and it looks like a hardware problem, does this mean I really have to send it away D:
tomhoppus is my hero.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I don't have a Mac Book Pro, so this is just a shot in the dark. If there like a "power-save" preference on it? Because with my cell phone, it had a "power-save" mode and when I used that, it wouldn't light up my key pad in order to save power. When took it off, the key pad was able to light.
boof
Bunkface
First name: Chelsea

Post by boof »

hey i also have a macbook pro so hopefully i can be of help...
the keyboard lights come on when your using the computer in low light areas... when they come on you can change the brightness but if there's enough light in the room the illuminated keyboard isn't necessary so the f5 and f6 buttons don't do anything.
if you want to check the keyboard lights are still functioning properly cover the speakers with your hands, the censors are in there, and the keyboard should light up.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

boof wrote:hey i also have a macbook pro so hopefully i can be of help...
the keyboard lights come on when your using the computer in low light areas... when they come on you can change the brightness but if there's enough light in the room the illuminated keyboard isn't necessary so the f5 and f6 buttons don't do anything.
if you want to check the keyboard lights are still functioning properly cover the speakers with your hands, the censors are in there, and the keyboard should light up.
OMFG. YOU ARE SO FUCKING SMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone!1!1 THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!1I I'D COME GIVE YOU A DAMN HUG IF YOU WEREN'T SO FAR AWAY!!!!!11 :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:
tomhoppus is my hero.
boof
Bunkface

Post by boof »

d4rkst4r wrote:
boof wrote:hey i also have a macbook pro so hopefully i can be of help...
OMFG. YOU ARE SO FUCKING SMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone!1!1 THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!1I I'D COME GIVE YOU A DAMN HUG IF YOU WEREN'T SO FAR AWAY!!!!!11 :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:
haha no worries :smile:
it took me a while to fully work out everything when i switched over a few months ago too, so if you have anymore problems just ask coz i probably encountered them too :smile:
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

umm I need help installing applications, more specifically guitar pro. I have the version for the mac but this is so much different from windows. Also, what do I use to open RAR files, thanks.
tomhoppus is my hero.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Use Stuffit expander to open .rar files. That's what I use for my Mac.
http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/stuffitexpander/index.html
And what exactly do you need help with when installing applications?
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

thanks, umm, I don't its so confusing. I'm not sure how to explain it. With guitar pro its more confusing because theres like 4 different things to install. Theres the guitar pro, then you need to install the RSE(realistic sound engine) for guitars bass and drum and I just have no clue how to do it.
tomhoppus is my hero.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Oh, I have no idea about that. But usually you just download the app and drag it to your Application folder. Then you click on it and you're done. But thats when there's only one thing to download.
boof
Bunkface

Post by boof »

hmm i dont have guitar pro so i don't know for certain...
but im thinking you'd have to just drag the RSE files to the guitar pro folder in applications...
thats pretty much what you do when you wanna install new brushes for photoshop and fonts in font book so i would think this would be similar...
sorry cant be of more help...
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

haha i was gonna tell you the same thing, but thats funny! you can change all those settings if you don't want them active, also, if you place your hands over the speakers your backlight will go on
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
drummerlikestevo
Billy Spleen
First name: Lex

Post by drummerlikestevo »

i just got a new macbook pro two weeks ago! the ones that just got released. they're awesome!