New Linkin Park single "Guilty All The Same"

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

New Linkin Park single "Guilty All The Same"

Post by Andros »

After the album "LIVING THINGS", Linkin Park is back with a new single. This is the new single of the upcoming album possibly called "The Hunting Party". According to some radio interviews, the abum is scheduled to be released in mid-June, also released their new album, Linkin Park will tour in his "Carnivores Tour" with 30 Seconds To Mars and AFI. So here's the new single, guys what do you think about the new single? Heavy? Dark? "LP is back"?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Not a huge fan of the song, it's kind of a mess in my opinion, and I never grew into Living Things. However, they are FINALLY coming to my area of the country, albeit a 6 hour drive away, so I bought some tickets this morning for the tour. We will see what the new album will be like.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

I didn't like what they were doing for the past 6 years or so but I really enjoyed listening to this tune. It's not like the old Linkin Park, but it's better than their latest work. I also get a kind of Billy Talent vibe off that song.. don't know why haha^^
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

A few days ago I deleted all the LP from my music library with the exception of their Underground EPs and A Thousand Suns. This song isn't that great in any way really (I can't listen to the rapping over the bridge, I hate guest rappers with a passion). It's just not particularly interesting, doesn't accomplish anything/go anywhere etc. Nevertheless, I will follow this album with interest; from interviews it looks like they could be doing a little more experimentation.
fuck this signature nonsense
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Man this song is shit, wtf Linkin Park?

I really love everything they've done except Minutes to Midnight. And Living Things is only halfway great (it's remix album is better in my opinion haha)

I really hope this is nothing like the rest of the album. Bands I get excited for new releases from are slowly fading...LP are one of the only ones left :'(
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Without Rakim's part the song is better than "BURN IT DOWN".
Tyler.
Chuck

Re:

Post by Tyler. »

Andros wrote:Without Rakim's part the song is better than "BURN IT DOWN".
The first thing I thought was why didn't mike just rap on it? He would've sounded better

Otherwise it's just so unimaginative...the guitar riff is boring, it brings nothing cool to the table, I was waiting for a crazy breakdown or something and it never came. Sounds like a half finished song idea by some average metal band really
Spoiler: show
If you can't tell I'm disappointed :devious:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Re: Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

Tyler. wrote:
Andros wrote:Without Rakim's part the song is better than "BURN IT DOWN".
The first thing I thought was why didn't mike just rap on it? He would've sounded better

Otherwise it's just so unimaginative...the guitar riff is boring, it brings nothing cool to the table, I was waiting for a crazy breakdown or something and it never came. Sounds like a half finished song idea by some average metal band really
Spoiler: show
If you can't tell I'm disappointed :devious:
I totally agree. People are getting excited as shit over this 'cuz its heavy' as opposed to actually understanding the music. I also think the mixing is quite poorly done. I still have some hope left for the final album though.
maistoner41
First name: Maitane
Instrument 2: Voice
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: maistoner27

Post by maistoner41 »

Well, I don't agree with none of you, I like the song XD I like it waaaay more than that "thing" of the remixes. And even more than all the songs from LIVING THINGS. Give them a chance, guys XD
We won't be bought and sold, just like you!
I'm a walking disaster.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

It's not bad, but not great. I don't really feel/hear the passion in Chester's voice. At least you can hear the guitars and normal drums! We'll see what else comes out of this album! I'm very interested in it now! :razz:
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Some things about the "new album", this album is self produced this maybe explains why the voice of chester sounds like that, Mike has produced. It's near of 70%-80% done (1 or 2 weeks ago he say that), They are not working with Rick. It's rumored that Andy Wallace mixed the song "Guilty All The Same", because days back Mike upload a photo on instagram in which he goes into the mix of "something". It's rumored that there may be more collaborations (which I personally don't like). The album will bring back the "guitars", the album will bring back the "guitars" and is supposed to be more "aggressive" and "heavy", that's why the name of the tour "carnivores", because the vibe of the album. Mike thinks that something has been lost in the rock in this times like energy, aggression, etc. which is why they have made this album more "heavy".
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I don't like it either, it's just so boring for me... The intro is long and uninteresting, the lyrics is boring and I don't understand either why not Mike do the rap part. Nowadays there's not a single soul in music industry who would play just himself (and with his own band), everyone has to feature someone, I fricking hate this tendecy.
But despite that, I still wait for the album.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

maistoner41 wrote:Give them a chance, guys XD
Everyone here has given them a good chance. Heavier does not mean better under any circumstances. There's little artistic integrity to a song like this, which is why I still maintain that A Thousand Suns is their best album.
maistoner41
First name: Maitane
Instrument 2: Voice
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: maistoner27

Re: Re:

Post by maistoner41 »

Gregorovich wrote:
maistoner41 wrote:Give them a chance, guys XD
Everyone here has given them a good chance. Heavier does not mean better under any circumstances. There's little artistic integrity to a song like this, which is why I still maintain that A Thousand Suns is their best album.
Mmm I disagree, I don't like A thousand suns, for me it's their worst album so far. But I guess we think in a different way.
We won't be bought and sold, just like you!
I'm a walking disaster.
Jeremy Kill
Re: New Linkin Park single "Guilty All The Same"

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The last Linkin Park album I listened to was Meteora. Minutes to Midnight I found to be boring just from the singles they put out and I just never followed their activity since then. The song is alright, but doesn't change my indifference towards Linkin Park these days.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

I think I hated A Thousand Suns at first but then I came back to it years after release and loved it. It's probably my favourite by them
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

This is my top from the best to the worst: A Thousand Suns > Hybrid Theory > Meteora > Minutes to Midnight > Living Things.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Mine is:

A Thousand Suns > Hybrid Theory = Meteora = Living Things Recharged > Reanimation > Living Things > > > > Minutes to Midnight
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Re:

Post by Andros »

Tyler. wrote:Mine is:

A Thousand Suns > Hybrid Theory = Meteora = Living Things Recharged > Reanimation > Living Things > > > > Minutes to Midnight
Well, if you count the remix album my top will be:

A Thousand Suns > Hybrid Theory > Meteora > Minutes to Midnight > Reanimation > Living Things > Recharged.

I really hate the RECHARGED remixes, I only like CASTLE OF GLASS (M.Shinoda Remix), I'LL BE GONE (Vice Remix) and SKIN TO BONE (feat Ryu).
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

It's funny, if I listened to it about 3 or more years ago I'd say it was pure shit but my music taste changed a lot. Didn't stop liking the music I used to at all but got a lot into electronic music since then, that remix album is really awesome if you're into that stuff. Really well produced, some of the songs sound insane when you really turn it up

Roads Untraveled is really bad but it wasn't that great originally anyways...otherwise I like em all