GOB

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: GOB

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:It feels like Foot in Mouth is AKNF and Muertos is Chuck
I've always seen Foot In Mouth equal to DTLI. Definitely not to AKNF. Foot In Mouth isn't as poppy as AKNF, so more like DTLI imo.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I've gotta start listening to Gob. I heard one of their recent-ish songs and it was pretty fuckin awesome.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:It feels like Foot in Mouth is AKNF and Muertos is Chuck
I've always seen Foot In Mouth equal to DTLI. Definitely not to AKNF. Foot In Mouth isn't as poppy as AKNF, so more like DTLI imo.
Yeah I feel the same.
Haavard93
First name: HÃ¥vard
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Ukulele

Post by Haavard93 »

Tyler. wrote:Who knew about GOB before Tom played for the Sums?

I remember my brother had their foot in mouth something CD and I loved it but then I forgot they existed
I loved GOB way before Tom joined Sum 41. I don't have any of their albums, but I listen to them often.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Just downloaded Muertos Vivos. I never knew Brown Tom was such a great singer! When he sings live in Sum shows he's not very good.
fuck this signature nonsense
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

From my interview of november 2010 :

"
Peux-tu nous dire comment le nouvel album de Gob sera ?

Le nouvel album de Gob est plus Rock que le précédent. Le son est plus Punk / Rock'n'Roll. Ca reste Heavy, mais moins sombre que Muertos Vivos. Les fans de Gob seront ravis.
"

->

Can you tell us how will the new record sounds ?

The new record is more rock than the previous one. The sound is more "Punk/Rock n Roll". It's still heavy but less dark than Muertos Vivos. Gob fans will love it
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
Gene By Gene
First name: David
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Gene By Gene »

I always preferred Gob to Sum 41, they were more consistent with the quality, i wasnt a big fan with TWATG but MV is defiantly in my top 10 albums.

Now im excited cause e said it was indie-rockish :devious:
Last edited by Gene By Gene on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I enjoy a fair share of Gob songs, haven't really listened in a while but looking forward to this!
why the hell is Aarne all over this thread? I barely noticed his post! this seems like his stuff.
Last edited by Gutter Dreams on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Tyler. wrote:Who knew about GOB before Tom played for the Sums?
I knew about them long before Tom joined Sum 41.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

I remember watching Give Up The Grudge vid in early 2007 and thinking that Tom should replace Dave. Back then I didn't even know they knew each other. It was kinda funny.
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Post by patenttiftw »

gejmik wrote:
patenttiftw wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Thanks for the info, Tomi!
I really really loved Foot in Mouth Disease and Muertos Vivos.. these two albums are so different yet so great! It feels like Foot in Mouth is AKNF and Muertos is Chuck... one is this teenage pop punk album, the other one is fuckin' heavy metal with some crazy riffs and solos. I'm excited for the new album!
Hope you're not serious dude... Pretty disrespectful against Gob really, and remember Sum 41 were the ones opening for Gob at the gigs first of all so fuck off(!!!) srzsly.

But anyways, thanks for the info I'll post about it on gob fans unite when i get on the laptop.
wow, dude, seems you missunderstood him.. It's nothing against Gob.
Well actually I didnt. I just feel like the foot in mouth = aknf/muertos vivos = chuck comparison is pure shit. as both gobs are a bit like, more mature than those sums records and musically totally different remember that. 100% bullshit post if you ask me, but please dont..!

And yea, imma all over dis zhit! 8)
Gutter Dreams

Post by Gutter Dreams »

patenttiftw wrote:
And yea, imma all over dis zhit! 8)
I miz'd u<3
Jeremy Kill
GOB

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Gregorovich wrote:Just downloaded Muertos Vivos. I never knew Brown Tom was such a great singer! When he sings live in Sum shows he's not very good.
I know, right?! I haven't watched any live footage of Gob, so I can't compare voices, but I wish Tom would sing as good for Sum 41 as e does for his own band! Maybe he's just not used to the backups he has to sing, which is understandable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gutter Dreams

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Just downloaded Muertos Vivos. I never knew Brown Tom was such a great singer! When he sings live in Sum shows he's not very good.
I know, right?! I haven't watched any live footage of Gob, so I can't compare voices, but I wish Tom would sing as good for Sum 41 as e does for his own band! Maybe he's just not used to the backups he has to sing, which is understandable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally don't think tits because he doesn't sing as well or try as hard, I just think the Sum music doesn't fit his vocals. Sometimes when I listen to Gob theres a few songs that make it sounds like he has a speech impediment on the go, thats probably just me.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:
patenttiftw wrote:
I really really loved Foot in Mouth Disease and Muertos Vivos.. these two albums are so different yet so great! It feels like Foot in Mouth is AKNF and Muertos is Chuck... one is this teenage pop punk album, the other one is fuckin' heavy metal with some crazy riffs and solos. I'm excited for the new album!
Hope you're not serious dude... Pretty disrespectful against Gob really, and remember Sum 41 were the ones opening for Gob at the gigs first of all so fuck off(!!!) srzsly.

But anyways, thanks for the info I'll post about it on gob fans unite when i get on the laptop.
he didn't mean to offend Gob, he just compared it to those two albums because Sum 41 is obviously the band he knows better, listens to longer, and likes more ... would it really please you if he wrote that Chuck sounds like Muertos Vivos and AKNF sounds like Foot In Mouth?
Yeah, exactly! haha, couldn't say it better!
I obviously compared it to the Sums cuz I listen to them more and know their albums better, so Gob is for me a newer band.. even though I listen to them also for a while now.. anyways, that's all, I love Sum 41 and I love Gob, so I obviously didn't want to offend any band for you (patenttiftw I mean) to tell me to fuck off..
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Hentaiman wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
patenttiftw wrote:

he didn't mean to offend Gob, he just compared it to those two albums because Sum 41 is obviously the band he knows better, listens to longer, and likes more ... would it really please you if he wrote that Chuck sounds like Muertos Vivos and AKNF sounds like Foot In Mouth?
Yeah, exactly! haha, couldn't say it better!
I obviously compared it to the Sums cuz I listen to them more and know their albums better, so Gob is for me a newer band.. even though I listen to them also for a while now.. anyways, that's all, I love Sum 41 and I love Gob, so I obviously didn't want to offend any band for you (patenttiftw I mean) to tell me to fuck off..
But just listen to his backups in the SBM chorus! They're ghastly, yet they seem very much like his own singing style.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Gutter Dreams wrote: I personally don't think tits because he doesn't sing as well or try as hard, I just think the Sum music doesn't fit his vocals. Sometimes when I listen to Gob theres a few songs that make it sounds like he has a speech impediment on the go, thats probably just me.
got something on you're mind there, sprort? :winkwink:
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

I know these vids are old, but there isn't much live Gob vids XD
Spoiler: show
Then crappy quality =/
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

I support any band whose first album cover is this.

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

Gregorovich wrote:I support any band whose first album cover is this.

Saw this cover like a year ago and it was WIN then and it is still WIN now! :glad: