Frank Turner

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: Frank Turner

Post by Dylan »

went to go buy it at HMV yesterday after school, but the fuckin mall closes at 6pm! WTF? so i went in today but turns out they're all out, they only had one. ONE?!!? it's a goddamn new release!!!! what kind of business is that?

fuck me sideways. :suicide:
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

2712 wrote:went to go buy it at HMV yesterday after school, but the fuckin mall closes at 6pm! WTF? so i went in today but turns out they're all out, they only had one. ONE?!!? it's a goddamn new release!!!! what kind of business is that?

I don't think he's all that popular here in Canada. I've been going to HMV remembering to look for Frank Turner albums, but they never have them. It's nice to know that they actually do have Frank Turner albums kicking about, but maybe it's just in the bigger cities. I couldn't find them in West Edmonton Mall though, 3rd biggest mall in the world.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

this album is definitely one of the best albums of 2011, if not the best one !
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

FuckT41182 wrote:this album is definitely one of the best albums of 2011, if not the best one !
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

still loving it, and the love grows bigger every day, it's been a long, long fucking time since I've been listening to an album by any of the new artists as much as I do listen to England Keep My Bones, it's fucking awesome and it makes me happy !

Does he ever tour in Europe? (Except for England, cause I don't feel like paying for a plane)
I wanna attend to his show very much !!!
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

can't find a downloaddddd~ next time I'm at the mall I'm checking for Frank Turner cds.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:still loving it, and the love grows bigger every day, it's been a long, long fucking time since I've been listening to an album by any of the new artists as much as I do listen to England Keep My Bones, it's fucking awesome and it makes me happy !

Does he ever tour in Europe? (Except for England, cause I don't feel like paying for a plane)
I wanna attend to his show very much !!!
He always does a bunch of European festivals in the summer. He played Download Festival a few days ago and I've read somewhere he's touring in support of Social Distortion during the whole summer on their European tour, as well as doing Reading and Leeds. He's also playing in Croatia this summer so I think that's close to you.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

yea, he tours a lot. check out his current dates here: http://frank-turner.com/blog/upcoming-gigs/
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Vienna would be the best destination for me, and it is fucking sold out ! but it's gonna happen in a week, so I probably wouldn't make it anyway ... but there is a free show in a town in Austria called Graz, the show is free ... but I kinda like to pay for an artist who deserves it ... If only I'd found out about the Vienna show before it sold out, I wouldn't miss that one for the world ! I'd go to Graz, but it's exactly the one and only day in this month that I have some other business to do ...

the other towns are like 20 hours of traveling, I mean, I would go if it wasn't all so soon, I should've started thinking about this much sooner !

I'm pissed off, the show in Vienna would be so rad, and if I'm not gonna make it to any of his shows near my country, than I will probably have to wait till next summer ... sucks ass
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Isn't Croatia really close to Slovakia? I thought it'll be the best date for you to see him.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Man, One Foot Before the Other has this Muse vibe going on with it. It's pretty sweet. Does anyone else feel the same way?
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Man, One Foot Before the Other has this Muse vibe going on with it. It's pretty sweet. Does anyone else feel the same way?
if it's the same song I'm thinking of, I kind of get a Million Dead (his old band) vibe to it! I love it!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hentaiman wrote:Isn't Croatia really close to Slovakia? I thought it'll be the best date for you to see him.
well, Vienna is like 1 hour of traveling, and Zagreb is like 8 ;) but I'm thinking about it, but I kind of don't wanna go there alone, and nobody here really knows Frank Turner, so it would mean a fucking 8 hours train drive, than taking a bus to the town I need to get in, and shit like that, and alone as fuck, cause I doubt I'll find someone here who knows him and is actually willing to pay for the distances to get there

but as I said, I am, and maybe I will say fuck to the world and make the trip totally by myself, it wouldn't be the first time

it's really fucked up that the Vienna show is sold out

Jeremy : it's my favorite song off of the album !
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
2712 wrote:went to go buy it at HMV yesterday after school, but the fuckin mall closes at 6pm! WTF? so i went in today but turns out they're all out, they only had one. ONE?!!? it's a goddamn new release!!!! what kind of business is that?

I don't think he's all that popular here in Canada. I've been going to HMV remembering to look for Frank Turner albums, but they never have them. It's nice to know that they actually do have Frank Turner albums kicking about, but maybe it's just in the bigger cities. I couldn't find them in West Edmonton Mall though, 3rd biggest mall in the world.
i bought Love Ire and Song as well as Poetry of the Deed from them no too long ago, but they were some the last copies on the shelves.

anyways i STILL haven't gotten a call from fucking HMV. :suicide: fucking twats.

that's it, i'm downloading this album.

Follow me on Twitter!
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

Fuck. GREAT fucking album.

the only song i skip is glory hallelujah. i find it too cynical and i don't necessarily agree with the lyrical content.

anyone else get reminded of "to take you home" when listening to "Wessex Boy" ?

Follow me on Twitter!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

well, it's his opinion about God, and the opinion is probably right, there is like thousands of singers singing about God this way, the most famous one being John Lennon himself ;)

and there is no doubt that Christians give away reasons to sing songs like this

btw: the best lyrics on the album are I Still Believe and definitely If I Ever Stray, or English Curse, and Glory Hallelujah too, but this album is really good lyrically, I like it a lot
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

listened to it while going out of town, I love him.
I actually really enjoy some acapella stuff, so quite enjoy English Curse.
Last edited by Gutter Dreams on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

2712 wrote:Fuck. GREAT fucking album.

the only song i skip is glory hallelujah. i find it too cynical and i don't necessarily agree with the lyrical content.

I see what you mean about Glory Hallelujah, when I first heard it I thought it was a bold song to write/release and some people would not agree with it.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Bobbyjames wrote:
2712 wrote:Fuck. GREAT fucking album.

I see what you mean about Glory Hallelujah, when I first heard it I thought it was a bold song to write/release and some people would not agree with it.
well, and isn't that one of the most significant signs of rock 'n roll music? to write songs that you truly feel and believe in, instead of songs that people wanna hear, there is pop music for that, they can sing ''I love you'' the same way for as long as it takes and people are still dumb enough to like it

while listening to music, I wanna hear the given person's opinions, no matter what they are, try honesty ;)

and also, aren't Christians supposed to understand, forgive and all that stuff ? I believe it's in the sacred book
Last edited by FuckT41182 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

This guy proves Hampshire is the best place in the UK.

Sorry guys, it's true.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]