Sum 41 / 13 Voices discussion

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.

Re: 13 Voices

Postby Lars on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:32 pm

Mr. Biz wrote:figured i would weigh in since there's a lot of wondering and confusion here. yes the info was leaked early which is why we came out with the info ourselves when we did. we did have a better plan to release it a time that made more sense but since some fuck head in russia decided to ruin that, it is what it is now. all i can say is don't believe everything you read online. that wiki page is false. plans have been forced to be changed and things are still being decided. the album still has final touches to be made on it, but i can promise you that you will hear something new very soon. my intention was to give the fans something to hear while we finish up the rest of the album. so if there is ever any info and it's not from any of our socials, it usually means it's not true and is not coming from us. stay tuned as there will be news coming.

Really appreciate this post, man.

I can see how this Russian dude fucked up the plan you guys had. Must have been shitty to see this got leaked.

Anyway: times like these are always kinda confusing to us. We're blood thirsty for some new info and music so we kinda started seeing 'signs' everywhere, haha.

We're all confident the new music is gonna be badass and we're looking forward to the official announcement. Good luck with the final touches, hope to hear you soon!
Image
Lars
All Killer No Filler
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: 13 Voices

Postby Mr. Biz on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:13 pm

Lars wrote:
Mr. Biz wrote:figured i would weigh in since there's a lot of wondering and confusion here. yes the info was leaked early which is why we came out with the info ourselves when we did. we did have a better plan to release it a time that made more sense but since some fuck head in russia decided to ruin that, it is what it is now. all i can say is don't believe everything you read online. that wiki page is false. plans have been forced to be changed and things are still being decided. the album still has final touches to be made on it, but i can promise you that you will hear something new very soon. my intention was to give the fans something to hear while we finish up the rest of the album. so if there is ever any info and it's not from any of our socials, it usually means it's not true and is not coming from us. stay tuned as there will be news coming.

Really appreciate this post, man.

I can see how this Russian dude fucked up the plan you guys had. Must have been shitty to see this got leaked.

Anyway: times like these are always kinda confusing to us. We're blood thirsty for some new info and music so we kinda started seeing 'signs' everywhere, haha.

We're all confident the new music is gonna be badass and we're looking forward to the official announcement. Good luck with the final touches, hope to hear you soon!




i know it seems like it's taking a while. on our end it's not. because there's no time wasted or anyone just sitting around with music doing nothing. every day things are being worked on in order to get this out as soon as possible. sometimes we hit road blocks and set backs out of our control. and us putting the final touches on things are really only to make it the best it possibly can be, at least in our opinions. i felt bad that some of you were expecting music tomorrow and i didn't want you to be disappointed so i felt like i had to say something. you guys all have been so patient and so awesome, and i promise you it's on it's way! we're almost there. trust me.
User avatar

Mr. Biz
Newbie
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 pm
First name: Deryck
Age: 33
Gender:

Re: 13 Voices

Postby Andros on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Thanks D for taking the time to write and clarify the stuff, for worrying how we feel about new music, we now the new music will be a blast for our ears, just look the snippets from this albums the unknown songs, really we will wait.
Image
User avatar

Andros
Dr. Rocco
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Zeta Reticuli
First name: Andros
Age: 30
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: 13 Voices

Postby TomiT14 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:32 pm

Mr. Biz wrote:...only to make it the best it possibly can be, at least in our opinions.


Your opinions have worked more than well for the past albums, so I'm sure all of us agree you should keep doing it your way. :2cool4u:

Thanks for the input! Really looking forward to what you've come up with!

Click to view the fullsize image.
Sum 41 Finland
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4127
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 28
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: 13 Voices

Postby Lars on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:35 pm

Mr. Biz wrote:i know it seems like it's taking a while. on our end it's not. because there's no time wasted or anyone just sitting around with music doing nothing. every day things are being worked on in order to get this out as soon as possible. sometimes we hit road blocks and set backs out of our control. and us putting the final touches on things are really only to make it the best it possibly can be, at least in our opinions. i felt bad that some of you were expecting music tomorrow and i didn't want you to be disappointed so i felt like i had to say something. you guys all have been so patient and so awesome, and i promise you it's on it's way! we're almost there. trust me.

Of course it takes a while, I believe all of us understand that. You just want to make the most perfect record possible and for me personally, it might take another five years (well uhm... make it four).

I got carried away a bit too much myself by the whole wikipedia-thing, but was sceptical as well. As you said: if it isn't on your social media, we can't take anything for granted. And that's actually the way it should be. A band should be able to share the info the want, the way and the moment they want to.

We're all aware a record takes a lot of time to make. We're just all so fucking excited because, as you said, new music isn't too far away at all.

Thanks again for your answer, I don't think we can thank you enough for clearing this up.
Image
Lars
All Killer No Filler
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: 13 Voices

Postby SumGeek on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:07 am

Mr. Biz wrote:figured i would weigh in since there's a lot of wondering and confusion here. yes the info was leaked early which is why we came out with the info ourselves when we did. we did have a better plan to release it a time that made more sense but since some fuck head in russia decided to ruin that, it is what it is now. all i can say is don't believe everything you read online. that wiki page is false. plans have been forced to be changed and things are still being decided. the album still has final touches to be made on it, but i can promise you that you will hear something new very soon. my intention was to give the fans something to hear while we finish up the rest of the album. so if there is ever any info and it's not from any of our socials, it usually means it's not true and is not coming from us. stay tuned as there will be news coming.


And premiering a new song at the Warped Tour is your way of giving us something while we all await the finishing touches. It's really not that much of a wait from this supposed release date of tomorrow, that's for sure! So, you don't need to feel bad for a single thing! Speaking of that, Warped skipped Canada this year, but that doesn't mean I won't be celebrating a new song release from home! Haha. Judging from when I saw the Sums at your last full Warped tour in 2010, I can tell we're all in for an aweSUM summer ahead, and year! Safe travels embarking on your summer camp!
Image
User avatar

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1851
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:19 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
First name: Chelsea
Age: 23
Gender:
Twitter: chelsealouanne

Re: 13 Voices

Postby Jeremy Kill on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:34 am

Thanks for nipping the bud on the Wiki rumours, Deryck! I'm looking forward to the near future! I've just been listening to the Sum discography on shuffle at work in preparation for the new album, haha.
Image
Donate to TNS:
User avatar

Jeremy Kill
Moderator
 
Posts: 12865
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Age: 27
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: 13 Voices

Postby Mr. Biz on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:25 am

Jeremy Kill wrote:Thanks for nipping the bud on the Wiki rumours, Deryck! I'm looking forward to the near future! I've just been listening to the Sum discography on shuffle at work in preparation for the new album, haha.



sweet!!!
User avatar

Mr. Biz
Newbie
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 pm
First name: Deryck
Age: 33
Gender:

Re: 13 Voices

Postby sumelf on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Hey guys, I'm from Russian fan site and yes we posted an info about the album first. We did so because a reliable news site published it. And we thought it was official. And wanted only to bring good news to everyone interested.

We are very sorry about what we did, please don't think we're assholes :(
User avatar

sumelf
Hooch
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:09 pm
Location: Russia, Moscow
Age: 25
Gender:
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar

Re: 13 Voices

Postby 182sins on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:50 pm

Hey Deryck

Thanks for the explanations. I can only imagine the work that's being done behind the curtains, it sucks that you guys had to change your plans because of the leak.

See you on the road !!
User avatar

182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
 
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:53 pm
Location: France
First name: Cyril
Age: 23
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Re: 13 Voices

Postby Mitchell on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:01 pm

sumelf wrote:Hey guys, I'm from Russian fan site and yes we posted an info about the album first. We did so because a reliable news site published it. And we thought it was official. And wanted only to bring good news to everyone interested.

We are very sorry about what we did, please don't think we're assholes :(


I don't think he meant you guys, more likely the news site that published the information.
User avatar

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
 
Posts: 4951
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 am
Location: The Netherlands
First name: Mitchell
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: MetalMilitant41
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Postby PTswim41 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:42 pm

If you aren't excited enough already for the new album, this should help:

https://youtu.be/KSzIUktWxD8
User avatar

PTswim41
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:17 am
First name: Dan
Age: 22
Gender:
360 Gamer Tag: simon9318

Re: 13 Voices

Postby Lars on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Did the quick math with the lenghts of the songs (according to iTunes):

13 Voices will be about 40 minutes long.
Image
Lars
All Killer No Filler
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Postby Andros on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:44 pm

Nice, I like that.I'm surprised that nobody's post the track length, but 40 minutes plus the bonus tracks I like it.
Image
User avatar

Andros
Dr. Rocco
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Zeta Reticuli
First name: Andros
Age: 30
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: 13 Voices

Postby MetalMilition41 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:23 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHUtwaeDhNf/?hl=en

Designer of the 13 Voices artwork. He does stuff for A Day to Remember, Pierce the Veil, All Time Low and more.
Image
User avatar

MetalMilition41
Newbie
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 2:42 am
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands
First name: Ed
Age: 24
Gender:
AKA: MetalMilitant41
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Saxomophone
Twitter: Don't have that shit

Re:

Postby Jeremy Kill on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:09 am

Andros wrote:Nice, I like that.I'm surprised that nobody's post the track length, but 40 minutes plus the bonus tracks I like it.

I know this is late, and you've probably looked up the correct track times on Wikipedia, but I'll put this here in case. Also so other people can see it too.

This is how iTunes Canada has the track listing:

1. A Murder of Crows (3:04)
2. Goddamn I'm Dead Again (3:22)
3. Fake My Own Death (3:14)
4. Breaking the Chain (4:03)
5. There Will Be Blood (3:29)
6. 13 Voices (4:32)
7. War (3:29)
8. God Save Us All (Death to POP) (3:53)
9. The Fall and the Rise (3:09)
10. Twisted By Design (5:28)

I'm thinking if there are any slow songs/ballads that they're going to be the tracks that are over four minutes. Breaking the Chain seems like it's placed right in the spot where you'd have a slow song on an album, like with Some Say on Chuck.
Image
Donate to TNS:
User avatar

Jeremy Kill
Moderator
 
Posts: 12865
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Age: 27
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar

Postby dff_punk on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:39 am

Thing is, none of the titles sound like it's gonna be a ballad or something. All the killing, dying and blood really gives a heavy/fast vibe to all of them. But yeah, Breaking the Chain seems the closest to being a slow song, because of the placement, title and track time.

A Murder Of Crows apparently has some "bombastic" drums and is actually the shortest one on the album. Do you believe it's a fast punkish song(those are usually great to start an album with), or an epic-build up in the vein of Reason To Believe? I want to believe that it's both :)
User avatar

dff_punk
Bunkface
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:27 pm
Location: Slovakia
Age: 30
Gender:
Instrument 1: guitar
Instrument 2: vocals
Last.fm Username: dff_punk

Re:

Postby Jeremy Kill on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:11 am

dff_punk wrote:Thing is, none of the titles sound like it's gonna be a ballad or something. All the killing, dying and blood really gives a heavy/fast vibe to all of them. But yeah, Breaking the Chain seems the closest to being a slow song, because of the placement, title and track time.

It would be cool if 13 Voices was an evolved form of "Does This Look Infected?" with no slow songs, but considering how much the band has grown, especially Deryck as a songwriter, it would be strange to not have a slow song or two on the album.

dff_punk wrote:A Murder Of Crows apparently has some "bombastic" drums and is actually the shortest one on the album. Do you believe it's a fast punkish song(those are usually great to start an album with), or an epic-build up in the vein of Reason To Believe? I want to believe that it's both :)

I have a feeling it's going to be like Reason to Believe with a build-up. I felt like Reason to Believe was more like an intro track than a stand-alone song though, so I'm hoping A Murder of Crows can be a song like American Idiot where it sets the tone for the album, but you can also put it on a playlist in any order without thinking "this has to be the first track because of how it sounds." I hope that makes sense? Haha.
Image
Donate to TNS:
User avatar

Jeremy Kill
Moderator
 
Posts: 12865
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Age: 27
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: 13 Voices

Postby X^2 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:26 am

It would be cool if 13 Voices was an evolved form of "Does This Look Infected?" with no slow songs, but considering how much the band has grown, especially Deryck as a songwriter, it would be strange to not have a slow song or two on the album.

I disagree with this - I absolutely don't think that an album necessarily needs a slow song, as in a tender ballad or something, those can feel out of place too. But a slower tempo heavy song would fit in I think - like the one Deryck showed the Metallica-esque riff from in the preview.
User avatar

X^2
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:13 pm
Location: Finland
Age: 25
Gender:

Re: Re:

Postby dff_punk on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:54 am

Jeremy Kill wrote:I have a feeling it's going to be like Reason to Believe with a build-up. I felt like Reason to Believe was more like an intro track than a stand-alone song though, so I'm hoping A Murder of Crows can be a song like American Idiot where it sets the tone for the album, but you can also put it on a playlist in any order without thinking "this has to be the first track because of how it sounds." I hope that makes sense? Haha.


Yeah I get it, I'd say you are essentially describing The Hell Song, and something in that vibe would be awesome, maybe with a more sinister twist because of the subject matter.
User avatar

dff_punk
Bunkface
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:27 pm
Location: Slovakia
Age: 30
Gender:
Instrument 1: guitar
Instrument 2: vocals
Last.fm Username: dff_punk

PreviousNext

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron