Deryck Interview: Sum41 France

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Deryck Interview: Sum41 France

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I feel like two years between albums is a happy medium.
To me, 2 years should be a minimum. Less than that would be way too quick imo. It's possible to write a great record in less than two years, but I'd rather enjoy and listen to the record for a while rather than getting a new one only one year apart.

4 years might be too long between albums, so I'd go with 3.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:
To me, 2 years should be a minimum. Less than that would be way too quick imo. It's possible to write a great record in less than two years, but I'd rather enjoy and listen to the record for a while rather than getting a new one only one year apart.

It's just one way in which the music industry has changed. Several decades ago, making and playing music would be a full-time job without much 'time off' except hiatuses. Look at The Who at its peak - wrote and recorded Tommy in '69, toured it until '71, wrote and recorded Who's Next and toured that until '73, then wrote and recorded Quadrophenia. No time off, and three albums released and toured in 5 years. And those have gone down in history as three of the greatest albums of all time.
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

It's just one way in which the music industry has changed. Several decades ago, making and playing music would be a full-time job without much 'time off' except hiatuses. Look at The Who at its peak - wrote and recorded Tommy in '69, toured it until '71, wrote and recorded Who's Next and toured that until '73, then wrote and recorded Quadrophenia. No time off, and three albums released and toured in 5 years. And those have gone down in history as three of the greatest albums of all time.
I'm not a huge fan of The Beatles, but I'm sure they were the same way. Just from looking at Wikipedia, they released two albums a year for '63, '64,' and '65. Six albums in three years!
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

well the thing is, that it already has been 2 years since SBM came out, so now we know that it will be at least 4 years+ between the albums...