Stevo Has Quit Sum 41

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Zalex09

Post by Zalex09 »

I was at the Kingston concert, the last show ever for Stevo... Wow. I even talked with Cone after the show and everything looked fine.

In my opinion, if Stevo wanted to spend more time with his family, the band could have taken a break for 6month-1year. With him leaving, means he was done with it. So I don't think his family is the only reason.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

This was the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning and I'm heartbroken. Honestly, I don't listen to the Sums as much as I used too but I still love them. I never got to see them live either, and even if I do, it won't be the same.
Again to be honest, whoever replaces Steve won't be the same. Just like when Brownsound left. Steve gave the band so much personality though, like so much enthusiasm and so hilarious. It's just... everything is totally different now.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Re: Stevo Has Quit Sum 41

Post by Noreason757 »

Saw dave put this on twitter.
@stevosum41 all the best in whatever you choose to do next my good man. I hope all is well for you. #Hug
thought it woud have been funnier if he said "welcome to the dark side" but thats just me
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

I was fine when Dave left, but this?

This sucks, and it really bums me out =(

I hope he's just done with touring, and will still record drums for their albums.

I never even got a chance to see them live =/
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

I keep looking through my Facebook news feed and coming on here, waiting (and praying) that they will post something else claiming it was all a hoax
pescidavid
First name: David
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano

Re:

Post by pescidavid »

sprinks41 wrote:I keep looking through my Facebook news feed and coming on here, waiting (and praying) that they will post something else claiming it was all a hoax
...Me too :(
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Noreason757 wrote:Saw dave put this on twitter.
@stevosum41 all the best in whatever you choose to do next my good man. I hope all is well for you. #Hug
thought it woud have been funnier if he said "welcome to the dark side" but thats just me
That's why Dave's awesome.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

To be honest, off the stage, Stevo was a frontman for me.. He was the most entertaining member, he talked the most at all the interviews and it was my favourite member. There is no way they will replace him with anyone who would be like him.

If Sum 41 continous playing for a couple of years I think it may be possible that he would come back eventually. I mean. Pat Smear left Foo Fighters, cause he was tired of touring all the year, but after year or two he started to miss it and came back. It would be nice if Stevo did the same thing.

I know it's awesome that Sum 41 does so much of touring, but I would rather if there was less shows if it would mean that Stevo would stay..

But we can only speculate why he left. He's the only one who knows.
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

"Yeah it fucking sucks. I'm gonna miss playing with Stevo."

BrownTom
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Never felt like uploading this, but now it's a must. Stevo at the aftershow party in Zurich last July.

The pics Brown Tom took were posted on Stevo's Instagram.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Yeah, those are things I'm gonna miss the most. Thanks for sharing Tomi
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

I think now it's finally sunk in, and I've finally accepted this.

I'm not nearly as sad about the fact that it's over then glad the fact that Stevo 32 solely exists. They say you really don't appreciate things to their complete value until they are gone. This is exactly the case. I fucking love you Stevo, thanks for ALWAYS making me laugh.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

It blew me away when I read this the other morning. I knew from the past twelve months that Steve would probably look to settle down eventually and maybe get away from the stop-start touring life of the Sums. I just thought that when the time came that Sum 41 would just cease to exist...THAT'S how integral to the band he is. For me, it won't be the same band at all without Stevo 32.

I remember when Dave left, there seemed to be more of a fuss made about it at the time (even though as time has passed the line up with Tom has solidified and really become a classic iteration of Sum 41 that everyone loves). But I honestly feel that within the Sum 41 set up, unlike Dave - Steve is irreplaceable. Gonna miss everything about the guy if the band go on without him, which it seems is going to be the case.

As for his announcement and the manner of how it's been handled so far, I feel that there's more to it than just needing to get back home. If he were just leaving because of family reasons I think he would have explained that in the posting. However, everything else mentioned so far is just speculation on the part of the band's fans and listeners. I hope whatever the case that Steve can be content and the band goes from strength to strength in the future with renewed and genuine focus.

I'm off to listen to 32 Ways To Die.
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Re:

Post by Raku »

fergal41 wrote:But I honestly feel that within the Sum 41 set up, unlike Dave - Steve is irreplaceable. Gonna miss everything about the guy if the band go on without him, which it seems is going to be the case.
This 100% describes how I feel about the whole things...

I really hope he'll at least become the studio drummer for Sum 41, and maybe join the band as a full time member sometime down the road.

Sum 41 may continue to put out good music, but it is going to suck without Stevo =/
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Am I the only one who was not surprised by this at all?
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Jeremy Kill
Re:

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Simon wrote:Am I the only one who was not surprised by this at all?
I knew with having a kid and everything that Stevo would eventually have to mellow out and take it easy, but I never thought he would actually quit the band. Considering he and Deryck started the band and they're best of friends it just seemed weird. I suppose eventually you have to go your own way for a while.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Re:

Post by Emil »

Simon wrote:Am I the only one who was not surprised by this at all?
If someone would leave I knew it would be him, but i thought he would leave back in 2007-2008 sometime. Mostly because he looked so bored in a lot of performances, but what did i knew? I was a 15 year old idiot.
CriscLeyva
First name: Cristina
Twitter: CriscLey

Post by CriscLeyva »

I honestley was devastated when I found out and at first I thought it was a joke a really really mean joke but even though I´m sort of ok with it now I still can´t imagine the band without him, I don´t wanna be pessimistic but I really can´t
C*mFuk
First name: Jacob

Post by C*mFuk »

I think the most likely person -- and personally I think not a bad choice -- to take Stevo's place would be Dan Chase who did the percussion on "Holy Image of Lies" and "Happiness Machine." Though, he's not really well known, so maybe not?
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I listened to Thanks for Nothing today, and just got upset. I guess that's another song we won't hear live.