Stevo Has Quit Sum 41

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re:

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Gutter Dreams wrote:I listened to Thanks for Nothing today, and just got upset. I guess that's another song we won't hear live.
As if we ever did. Even when it WAS played in 2003, D sung Stevo's lines.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Re: Re:

Post by Gutter Dreams »

cladam41 wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:I listened to Thanks for Nothing today, and just got upset. I guess that's another song we won't hear live.
I know but still, it's just sad.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
I know but still, it's just sad.
True. :sosad:.
I knew Owen was nothing but trouble the second he walked in. :silly:.

But hey- at least THTT leaked. This was the most bittersweet week in my life.
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Re:

Post by DeryckW »

I've only seen it live on the "Shake Bombs and Happy Endings" DVD and Deryck sang Stevos part. Also, I don't think they ever had it in their minds to even play it live anymore.
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
Synea41
First name: Marie
Instrument 1: Ass
Twitter: Synea41

Post by Synea41 »

When "Screaming Bloody Murder" has been released I said ""Exit Song"... It sounds as the last song of the last album by Sum 41...". It was a joke!!! Promiss!! I was not serious!
What am I to say... Image
Sick Of Everyone(Live) - Amiens (France) 12 July 2011
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

When I read the news on Thursday morning, I was about to write an exam, and needless to say, it's not something I wanted to do after hearing that piece of news. It came as a surprise to me, and was the first thing I read on Twitter when I went to my feed.

I was upset, mostly because I did not see this coming. I can't even picture Sum 41 without Steve, and this will take a while to sink in.

I'm going to be putting together something for Steve. It'll consist of footage of him, as well as other band members and the 2nd half will be fan related. Definately need all the TSNer's contribution! Send messages and what not to [email protected] if you wish! :)

On another note, wonder what's the fate of Pain for Pleasure? No P4P without Pain! and of course, Fat Lip among other songs featuring Steve's vocals will not be the same.

TomiT14 wrote:MAybe it's too early to think about the replacement candidates, but I really hope that Sum 41 would "stay in the family". By saying that, Dan Moyse would be the perfect choice. He's been in the band for 10 years, and know a lot of their songs already. And he loves those guys as much as they love him.
While it's still hard for me to grasp Stevo won't be drumming for the band anymore, I definately thought of Dan Moyse. It'd be 0.1% easier if this was the replacement decision.
Last edited by SumGeek on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

SumGeek wrote:I'm going to be putting together something for Steve. It'll consist of footage of him, as well as other band members and the 2nd half will be fan related. Definately need all the TSNer's contribution! Send messages and what not to [email protected] if you wish! :)
If you want to commit to this, you should make a dedicated thread (probably once the Deryck hubbub has calmed down a little). I'd certainly be willing to contribute; the TNS SBM music video went pretty well, and I'd like to do more of those in the future.
SumGeek wrote:On another note, wonder what's the fate of Pain for Pleasure? No P4P without Pain! and of course, Fat Lip among other songs featuring Steve's vocals will not be the same.
I can't see P4P having any place in the new Sum 41. Stevo leaving, the new label and Deryck's new musical direction has given the band a chance to cast off its past - a chance which I think the band will take. I expect the live staples from AKNF and UH to steadily drop off the setlist, replaced by DTLI, Chuck, SBM and the new record.
fuck this signature nonsense
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Gregorovich wrote:If you want to commit to this, you should make a dedicated thread (probably once the Deryck hubbub has calmed down a little). I'd certainly be willing to contribute; the TNS SBM music video went pretty well, and I'd like to do more of those in the future.

I can't see P4P having any place in the new Sum 41. Stevo leaving, the new label and Deryck's new musical direction has given the band a chance to cast off its past - a chance which I think the band will take. I expect the live staples from AKNF and UH to steadily drop off the setlist, replaced by DTLI, Chuck, SBM and the new record.
Oh, I will be, once I write everything out! And thanks, I've got a lot of others over in the Twitterverse interested as well, so it looks like a go! :)

As for their sets, I don't think any other songs Stevo's contributed vocals to that they've been playing live will be cut out from now on, I just think it's the end for P4P, unfortunately. I couldn't take no Fat Lip, that's for sure. There's just no Sum 41 show without it.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I just don't see how Fat Lip will work out, granted Steve sounded exhausted and you could barely hear the words most of the times they played it but still. Will Tom take over Steve's lyrics the way Cone took Dave's? I don't know, they should just retire the song now that two thirds of the people singing it are gone, even without Dave it sounded kind of bad, mostly because Cone isn't really a good singer live. It was the same way with P4P and Mr. Amsterdam without Dave's lethal metal screams.
Dáš
First name: Dasha

Post by Dáš »

Emil wrote:I just don't see how Fat Lip will work out, granted Steve sounded exhausted and you could barely hear the words most of the times they played it but still. Will Tom take over Steve's lyrics the way Cone took Dave's? I don't know, they should just retire the song now that two thirds of the people singing it are gone, even without Dave it sounded kind of bad, mostly because Cone isn't really a good singer live. It was the same way with P4P and Mr. Amsterdam without Dave's lethal metal screams.
It will never be such as once, But still - this isn't end of Sum 41. I believe Stevo leave band for Owen and he can come back in any time.
(Sorry for my English. I believe you understand me :))
:3
ChrisC1997
First name: Chris
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by ChrisC1997 »

I can see P4P being a retired song now that Stevo has left, although I think Motivation and In Too Deep will stay on their setlists and Walking Disaster. Fat Lip is going to be a bit different again but I think Brown Tom could take over Stevo's vocal parts fine in it. Underclass Hero (song) I can see for maybe the next tour every once and a while but that's it. It all depends on how much they like the songs because they only play the ones they like according to Deryck himself.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Emil wrote:I just don't see how Fat Lip will work out, granted Steve sounded exhausted and you could barely hear the words most of the times they played it but still. Will Tom take over Steve's lyrics the way Cone took Dave's? I don't know, they should just retire the song now that two thirds of the people singing it are gone, even without Dave it sounded kind of bad, mostly because Cone isn't really a good singer live. It was the same way with P4P and Mr. Amsterdam without Dave's lethal metal screams.
If I showed up to Sum 41 and they didn't play Fat Lip I'd probs start a riot hahah

It'll probably sound a bit weird, but the people at the gig won't be able to tell all that much
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

I'm pretty sure their setlists won't change that much apart from pain for pleasure ...
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Yeah, Pain For Pleasure probably wouldn't be played live anymore, but there's still chance for Fat Lip. Tom could easily start singing Stevo's parts.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Am I the only one who would rather they took Fat Lip off the setlist? It just clashes so much with the band which they have become in the past twelve years, and the music they are currently writing.
fuck this signature nonsense
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Never take Fat Lip off the set. Never ever. the crowd reaction to it in Moose Jaw was so amazing. I realize that it may be the only Sum 41 song some of those people know, but it can never leave! Tom, or the new drummer can say those few lines; the crowd will not care.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Gutter Dreams

Re:

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Dylan wrote:Never take Fat Lip off the set. Never ever. the crowd reaction to it in Moose Jaw was so amazing. I realize that it may be the only Sum 41 song some of those people know, but it can never leave! Tom, or the new drummer can say those few lines; the crowd will not care.
It's their biggest hit, there's no way they can take it off.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
Dylan wrote:Never take Fat Lip off the set. Never ever. the crowd reaction to it in Moose Jaw was so amazing. I realize that it may be the only Sum 41 song some of those people know, but it can never leave! Tom, or the new drummer can say those few lines; the crowd will not care.
Exactly, 90% of the crowd aren't as hard core as we're, I remember when I saw them in barcelona the people around me only knew the singles whereas I sang the whole set
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

They should hire me to sing the Pain For Pleasure part. Since I am the best in the world at it.
[donate][/donate]
Gutter Dreams

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Druska wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
Exactly, 90% of the crowd aren't as hard core as we're, I remember when I saw them in barcelona the people around me only knew the singles whereas I sang the whole set
My thoughts exactly, I'm sure the majority of people who go to ANY show only know like the singles and aren't all out like this.
Boni Boy Blue wrote:They should hire me to sing the Pain For Pleasure part. Since I am the best in the world at it.
I support this.