New album already in 2013?

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Jeremy Kill
Re: New album already in 2013?

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Adam, you're the one that needs to chill. I'm not saying an album will come out in 2013, I'm saying Deryck can probably come up with an album's worth of songs by the end of the year. It doesn't take long to write a song when the creativity is flowing.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I think 2013 is a bit... soon too. It doesn't seem like they've done near enough touring for the album considering how much they did for UH. Maybe its because of the cancellations they had but idk. I still think its soon. I feel like even 2014 is a stretch.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Gaiz. Staph arguing.

We have a new album coming out. AT SOME POINT.

Leave it it that.
fuck this signature nonsense
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Great to hear news about a new album. Consider that the band is not finished yet or break up or something like that, at least they have plans to release a new album, which is a good thing. These are the first steps to start, do not necessarily have to be part of a record label to record, some bands have managed to find a record label after recording the album, e.g. HIM. Don't be so pessimistic, Deryck has already some ideas in mind, that's a good start.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

cladam41 wrote:THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED!!! Not one song! Deryck just said he wrote some riffs.
Yes, that's what he SAID to the PRESS. In November, he said to Nic that he has one epic song and some riffs. I'm sure when he says "some riffs" in this interview, he really means "some songs".

Remember when they we're asked how the next album would be called, and they said "we have a few ideas, but nothing sure"? Deryck told me that it was going to be called SBM right from the start, there were never any other alternatives. You see, not everything is made public right away, so don't take take everything word-by-word.

Gutter Dreams wrote:It doesn't seem like they've done near enough touring for the album considering how much they did for UH.
Um, what?

Ah well, they started to tour the album in March 2010, since they thought the album would come out that Summer. But since it took another year to get the album out, I guess you could count the first year out.

But still, touring from February 2011 to April 2013? With the 6 months off at the end of 2011, it's still almost 2 years. UH tour started in May 2007 and ended in April 2008. I mean, most of the bands tour only one year, Sums have been on the road for 3 years now. I'm actually surprised they toured this long.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

cladam41 wrote: THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED!!! Not one song! Deryck just said he wrote some riffs. No way 2013. Studio Updates in 2014. Album mid 2015. Chill your butts guys, we still got a while.
I'll remember this post.
SUM41 will prove you wrong this time.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

HugoDisasters wrote:
cladam41 wrote: THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED!!! Not one song! Deryck just said he wrote some riffs. No way 2013. Studio Updates in 2014. Album mid 2015. Chill your butts guys, we still got a while.
I'll remember this post.
SUM41 will prove you wrong this time.
L-O-FUCKING-L
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

TomiT14 wrote:I'm actually surprised they toured this long.
This!

I thought they were done after the DTLI Anniversary North American tour 2012, and then they add the West Coast shows, Australia, AND we got the Canadian Dead Silence tour. Which, I'm pretty sure it was stated somewhere they were going to break from touring for a bit for the album before that was announced. Much more than expected, and as much as I hate to say it (because I need more Sum 41 in my life, and got used to this frequent touring), a break is somewhat needed at this point.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Highly unlikely if you ask me, however it's not impossible, and then there's the problem with the label, they have to decide what they're going to do about it
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

TomiT14 wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:It doesn't seem like they've done near enough touring for the album considering how much they did for UH.
Um, what?

Ah well, they started to tour the album in March 2010, since they thought the album would come out that Summer. But since it took another year to get the album out, I guess you could count the first year out.

But still, touring from February 2011 to April 2013? With the 6 months off at the end of 2011, it's still almost 2 years. UH tour started in May 2007 and ended in April 2008. I mean, most of the bands tour only one year, Sums have been on the road for 3 years now. I'm actually surprised they toured this long.
I haven't really been paying that much attention, I didn't realize it was that long. It hardly feels like its been a year since SBM came out to me.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Cone wrote:Safe to say, there won't be anything out this year though. It's only mutterings at this point
http://revuewm.com/sounds/on-tour/item/ ... -ten-years
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Great news that they want to make album rather sooner than later but yeah, definitely nothing this year. If all the stars are assigned well MAYBE there's a change for a single but I very much doubt it. Like Jeremy said, it makes more sense that they'd have songs written till the end of this year and then recording from January 2014 -> March 2014 and album out summer of 2014, that's my guess. Let's hope I'm wrong though and we'd get early 2014 release.

I mean they do have songs from SBM session to revise, a lot of songs got cut and I'm sure there's some good shit there. I mean we heard a lot of stuff in updates and making of album video that didn't appear on the album after all. Also I'm feeling like Cone and Tom get to have more input and get to write songs for the album!