Message from Cone

Dr. Rocco and Dr. Dynamite: Cone's side project.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: Message from Cone

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

HugoDisasters wrote:
cladam41 wrote:This thread is no longer depressing to read! now it makes me happy! :glad:
I agree! It was a downer at first but now that we're actually being a bit optimistic and yet realistic it kind of gives me that new material excitement even though they are going nowhere so far ! :silly:
I swear to god- the second that they say anything about a new record or even writing.. I'm going to throw a party. :2cool4u:
Jeremy Kill
Message from Cone

Post by Jeremy Kill »

cladam41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote: 2015 at its earliest.
After looking at this again- I do think we're kinda overreacting here. Yea, SBM is a commercial fail- but honestly I'd rather have a golden album than a mediocre album with music video's and tours. Unfortunately- the way the music industry is these days, we cant have them both. And it's not like SBM went nowhere! It's just being compared to UH's success because it was the follow up.

Cone said Sum's weren't touring for THREE months....THREE MONTHS! Sum 41 has gone much longer than 3 month's before. If you think they're doing nothing- then you're just assuming that the only thing important in their lives is Sum 41. Stevo's a father god dammit!!

How do you expect Deryck to have energy if no one really cares (besides the fans) about this new record? Not to mention his back. And everything else that's been happening to him lately. Deryck deserves some time off! Especially with his injury in which a lot of you seem to be overlooking.

Sum 41 isn't dead. They just need a break. So lets give them one like loyal fans.
Sum 41 just finished having an 8 month break due to Deryck's back!
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
After looking at this again- I do think we're kinda overreacting here. Yea, SBM is a commercial fail- but honestly I'd rather have a golden album than a mediocre album with music video's and tours. Unfortunately- the way the music industry is these days, we cant have them both. And it's not like SBM went nowhere! It's just being compared to UH's success because it was the follow up.

Cone said Sum's weren't touring for THREE months....THREE MONTHS! Sum 41 has gone much longer than 3 month's before. If you think they're doing nothing- then you're just assuming that the only thing important in their lives is Sum 41. Stevo's a father god dammit!!

How do you expect Deryck to have energy if no one really cares (besides the fans) about this new record? Not to mention his back. And everything else that's been happening to him lately. Deryck deserves some time off! Especially with his injury in which a lot of you seem to be overlooking.

Sum 41 isn't dead. They just need a break. So lets give them one like loyal fans.
they need more time! deryck needs a FULL recovery!
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Wonder how songs will develop lyrically and instrumentally according to his back.

Imagine it :hehe:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

HugoDisasters wrote:Wonder how songs will develop lyrically and instrumentally according to his back.

Imagine it :hehe:
Lol, true. :devious: but I doubt they'll make another dark album. I want an acoustic album from them next!! :2cool4u: (Something like Foo Fighters- Echoes Silence Patience & Grace) cause that's one terrain that Sum 41 hasn't explored yet
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

I think he is just more conscious about his health because one more injury can probably end his Career.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

cladam41 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
cladam41 wrote:

I don't think his back will fully heal 100%. I think he said one of the discs in his back is basically dead, so I don't think an extra couple of months will help bring it back to life. I think it's just something he has to deal with now. So in order to have a proper recovery he will have to make some lifestyle changes in order to keep his back from giving him more problems.

Then again, it's his life and he knows his own body better than the fans do. I'm sure he'll do what he sees fit in order to keep things going.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

cladam41 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
cladam41 wrote:

It's impossible to fully recover from a back injury, I can vouch for that..
that being said, 8 months is enough time to get back on the road.
Deryck's back is no longer an excuse to 'take a break'
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I honest think Deryck should have taken a year off maybe even longer. I like Sum 41 and I would rather they be doing nothing than running the risk of one of the members needing a wheelchair.
[donate][/donate]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:I honest think Deryck should have taken a year off maybe even longer. I like Sum 41 and I would rather they be doing nothing than running the risk of one of the members needing a wheelchair.
THIS THIS THIS!@!!!!!