#KONY2012

Talk about what's happening now. Talk politics. Talk about whatever is going on in this world.
Jeremy Kill
#KONY2012

Post by Jeremy Kill »

You're probably seeing this video pop up on your Facebook News Feed right now, but in case you don't do Facebook or Twitter, I'm going to share this video with you to help raise awareness. It's a 30-minute video, just so you know.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Re: #KONY2012

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I just finished watching it, incredibly powerful. Now I need to find a way to get me one of those Action Kits. Fuck not having money.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, the main website doesn't seem to be loading for me so I can't get one right now, but I definitely plan on getting one.
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

I don't want to sound like an idiot, but it's amazing how many people have never heard of the LRA, or how little people know of the circumstances in Uganda/Central-Africa, yet when they see this video they conceive a big-picture in their minds of the situation.
I'm not sure whether killing the leaders of LRA will solve anything, as the problems are much more complex in Africa.. They do not rise from single persons, as the whole society around those people is rotten to the core. All kinds of atrocities take place in those countries by many different sources, even the governments are more than often corrupt and oppress their own peoples. LRA in the other hand, I must agree, is completely unjustified group of people who call themselves rebels, yet in reality their rebellion is just mindless slaughtering of people. Something should be done. I just wonder whether the whole group is so embodied to Kony, that if he'd be trialed or killed, the whole group would cease to exist.

I wholeheartedly hope that this campaign, will increase social awareness in the US and in Europe. The best thing that this campaign could achieve in my opinion, is that the news media would revert back to the core ideas of what reporters are supposed to do. They ideals of medium seem to have changed in the past decades, and instead of trying to report the injustices of the world, the goal to maximize the entertainment value of the news seem to have taken the priority. That is the core problem why so many people are unaware of world politics. If people show, that they truly are interested in real issues, maybe the news media will change. Or maybe i'm just too idealistic.
Thank you, if you read this through.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

We can't just wade in and solve other countries' problems!

...Oh wait...
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Jake wrote:We can't just wade in and solve other countries' problems!

...Oh wait...
But you can just wade in and pretend to solve other countries' problems
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Kony: Putting the "infant" back in "infantry" ...too soon? But I mean what are Uganda do about it?
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

30 minutes is too long for a lot of people (including me) to pay attention to. They needa make a "Kony in 30 seconds" video and they'd get way more people on board with whatever it is.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

tl;dr

Seriously, Can someone just sum up with the hell this is. Everybody has been going on about it.
[donate][/donate]
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:tl;dr

Seriously, Can someone just sum up with the hell this is. Everybody has been going on about it.
This Kony dude has an army of around 30,000 enslaved children in Uganda, surrounding area, and has evaded capture for years. This one dude wants to 'make him famous' and have everyone put up posters and tweet and shit about him, in order to get the attention of famous people and influential legislators in the US in order to convince our military to keep taking action, in order to apprehend him. Currently we have 100 'advisers' in Uganda, I believe. I think that covers most of it.
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Is he keeping them alive so that they can be in his army?

And also this Invisible Children company is after a lot of money. Don't support them in any way. Make people aware of the enslavements by all means, but dont give anything to the organization itself, the little money that actually goes towards the cause goes to the wrong place as well.
Last edited by Tyler. on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

for those who don't want to watch the whole 30 minutes :

^^
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

its all about awareness. the more people know about injustice in the world, the better we can fix them. and that includes Occupy Wall Street. shit thing is that news outlets aren't reporting on things that matter, just things that will boost ratings, but you all knew that.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

after watching this i'm glad i'm a skeptic and non-impulsive. im actually still curious and skeptical of everything.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!