Stop putting Tom to the back of stage!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

sumelf
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar

Stop putting Tom to the back of stage!

Post by sumelf »

Hi everyone, I hope Deryck will read this someday.

While I'm the biggest fan of Dave and can't describe how happy I'm that he is back - I'd like to make a little request - please stop putting Tom back on the stage and even in the video. This isn't cool. He is nice guy and he does awesome guitar work, I think he has to be in a row with others.

I understand that there're stages where you can't place three guys in a row, but most of stages are wide enough to do it.

Right now the position of Tom looks very sad and unsatisfying. Like he is only session player.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Stop putting Tom to the back of stage!

Post by TomiT14 »

If I remember correctly, Deryck said they tried to do it four in the row. But the thing is, the band wants to move around the stage, so having four in the row makes it too crowded for that.

Tom also plays the keyboards, which are now located next to the drum kit. Last time around they were at the side of the stage, almost in the shadows, so compared to that they are now in the center, although in the back. And it's rational to place Tom next to the keyboards, since he's the one who plays them.

But the band moves around during songs, and Tom comes in the front every now and then. It's not like they want to make Tom any less of a band memeber, it's just the smartest way to do at the moment.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

Yeah! I would like to see more being tom protagonist. It is true that playing the keyboard and so I put in the background, but it would be nice to have more prominence on the stage. Tom is obviously very important for the band and they do not put it there with the intention of taking center stage. It is a smart way to structure the band on stage but certainly I would like to see him more prominence. Tom has spent nearly 10 years in the band is very important for Sum 41 and for fans
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:If I remember correctly, Deryck said they tried to do it four in the row. But the thing is, the band wants to move around the stage, so having four in the row makes it too crowded for that.

Tom also plays the keyboards, which are now located next to the drum kit. Last time around they were at the side of the stage, almost in the shadows, so compared to that they are now in the center, although in the back. And it's rational to place Tom next to the keyboards, since he's the one who plays them.

But the band moves around during songs, and Tom comes in the front every now and then. It's not like they want to make Tom any less of a band memeber, it's just the smartest way to do at the moment.
That sounds about right. I'm sure the band has thought about it themselves and ultimately came to the conclusion that the current set-up is what works best from a practical standpoint.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

They should do it like Kraftwerk and have all four of them on little pedestals at the front.
fuck this signature nonsense
bizzyd676
First name: Tone

Post by bizzyd676 »

When I saw them last week in Atlanta, all four were out front. Deryck middle/right, Dave far right, Cone middle/left and, Tom far Left... Nobody seemed left out or salty