The Ultimate Sum 41 Song

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Lars
All Killer No Filler

The Ultimate Sum 41 Song

Post by Lars »

Hey guys

Just opened this thread to share your views on 'The Ultimate Sum 41 Song'. You just name a song and mention why this is so 'Sum 41', if you know what I mean.

I'll start off with Screaming Bloody Murder or Skumfuk.

Why? Because they're so high on energy, yet melodic. They're very eclectic songs and to me, that's what Sum 41 is all about.

Oh, and for the record: also because they have piano in them. Don't know why, but to me it's an essential element in most of their songs (well, until today).

Don't get me wrong: it's not because (for example) The Hell Song hasn't piano or mellow parts, that I don't like the song. Get the point? Finally. Your turn, skumfuks.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I couldn't pick just one song, simply because they really change in every new album. They're so different every time and even if some of them have similair signs, like Chuck and SBM, I could seperate them anytime. Of course, in deeper level they all have the same Sum 41 elements, but still different and it's a good thing. I don't believe there's an ultimate Sum 41 song that could define them or something.

I can only name one of my favourite (although I hate to rate things): The Hell Song. This was the first song that I was instantly into and knew it was by them (there were some songs that I'd heard and liked but I hadn't known they were Sum 41 songs) and still love it so much that I listen to it just at special occasions.
It's so energetic, has a pleasure tune, makes me happy and pumped up everytime, that's what got me to the band for the first time and then I slowly learned their other sides.
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Re: The Ultimate Sum 41 Song

Post by Jables »

I'd would say Pieces because it was the one that made me love them, but the one that has everything that's good about them is probably No Brains.
It has vocal badassery, melodic loveliness, and of course a smashing guitar solo.