Oct. 5th

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Oct. 5th

Post by UltraKolby »

So today at Orlando, FL was Sum 41 first show on there new tour. Needless to say that this show was fantastic!! They had smoke shooting out of the stage, confetti flying from the ceiling, a good handful of newer songs. Overall, It was an awesome start for this tour. Let me go into a little more detail.

The first band was As It Is. They were okay, not too bad. I didn't care for them that much but they were full of energy and got some people moving around so that was good for an opening band.
Second band was Senses Fail. They were better that get the crowd going and the singer was comedic in between songs.
Lastly was Sum 41! Started off with Fake My Own Death which was surprising, I see Hell Song or Reason To Believe a better opener but I do enjoyed them for doing something different. Next was another new song, Goddamn I'm Dead Again. It was a good song live and enjoyed to hear it! No one knew what to do with that song cause I'm sure no one heard that song before but once Hell Song started playing, everyone blew there freaking minds. I'm gonna go thru every single they played cause I don't wanna do that lol but here is the setlist below. Some of the highlights of the show was War. That song was actually so good live, like in my opinion it was the best song they played that evening. Another one was With Me. They played it more acoustic and had Tom doing keyboard the whole song which made it so much better plus it was a nice surprise to hear it. The new songs sound really good live and the band sounds fantastic as a 5 piece. I do notice that during a lot of songs, Deryck didn't play guitar and just did vocals like in We're All To Blame and No Reason.

Sorry this isn't the best review. I'm not the best writer lol Thought maybe this might give you all some insight on what going on with this tour. thank you for reading everyone!

Setlist:
Fake My Own Death
Goddanm I'm Dead Again
The Hell Song
Over My Head
Underclass Hero
Screaming Bloodying Murder
There Will Be Blood
War
Motivation
Meticallia
Grab The Devil
We're All To Blame
Walking Disaster
Makes No Difference
With Me
God Saves Us All
*Drum Solo*
Intro - No Reason
We Will Rock You
Still Waiting
In Too Deep

Encore:
Pieces
13 Voices
Fat Lip
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: Oct. 5th

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Seems like a badass setlist, good to see new songs there. And 13 Voices live? :ohshiz: Wtf, that's really surprise me! :ohshiz:
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

It was a great show. This is by far the best I've seen them. The steam/confetti stuff was cool. The new songs were very energetic and it seemed like the crowd enjoyed them. I was pleasantly surprised they played so many. Frank's drum solo was crazy good. I was lucky enough to be picked to go up on stage (thank you Deryck).. just an incredible show/night all around.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Thanks for posting! I'm positively surprised they played the new songs already, even before the album was released. Seems like Oct. 4th was the perfect time to get the album leaked. :winkwink:
TomiT14 wrote:So I guess they'll get rid of the TNT/JamesBrown/Metallica intro they've been using this year. Probably something album related, just like SBM-era had?

Maybe Fake My Own Death intro? With that song being the opening song? :silly:
I know my shit (at least for this time). :2cool4u:
Klim Ivanin
First name: Klim

Post by Klim Ivanin »

I'm positively surprised they played the new songs already, even before the album was released. Seems like Oct. 4th was the perfect time to get the album leaked. :winkwink:
As far as leaks are inevitable in modern world, I believe that it was planned beforehand by Sum 41 and the management :)
The Jester
First name: Rick

Post by The Jester »

Sick setlist, only complaint is I want TBD instead of TWBB, but maybe that may just be too much epicness to handle
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I kind of was expecting a little more from the setlist, but all the new tracks premiered live and their positive response makes me happy because we didn't get SBM tracks staying during its touring cycle, (and even now). I'm hopeful we may get some more "old school" tracks Deryck had mentioned during rehearsals, just a matter of time as the tour continues!

Glad you all had a great time! And bringing more people up on stage?! Way to go! :2cool4u:
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I know I said many times before, but damn... I wish we would get another live DVD! :2cool4u:
I would f*king love a Don't Call It A Sum-Back Tour Dvd! :suicide: Maybe with some extra documentary video...
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

Iam The Ghost wrote:I know I said many times before, but damn... I wish we would get another live DVD! :2cool4u:
I would f*king love a Don't Call It A Sum-Back Tour Dvd! :suicide: Maybe with some extra documentary video...
Will be very good, they at now play incredible with 3 guitars.
Who knows, maybe other pledgemusic?
I would colaborate again in other campaign i havent doubts
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

TWBB sounds so good!

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Faeyaner
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Faeyaner »

Iam The Ghost wrote:I know I said many times before, but damn... I wish we would get another live DVD! :2cool4u:
I would totally dig a live DVD/CD! Although Sake Bombs and Happy Endings really had a lot energy, Go Chuck Yourself still remains my favourite live recording. And that was quite a long time ago, the only other official release I can think of since then was this iTunes recording of House of Blues which had a horrible sound.
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...