Europe Festival Tour 2016

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Click to view the fullsize image.http://www.sum41.com/wp-content/uploads ... 9A8834.jpg[/imgwidth]

Sum 41 returns to Europe for two weeks to cover some of the biggest Summer festivals, along with a couple of headlining shows. So, who's going?!

Join the Facebook event for updates!

Aug. 11 - Rocco del Schlacko Festival - Püttlingen, GER
Aug. 12 - Open Flair Festival - Eschwege, GER - MachineGun
Aug. 13 - Taubertal-Festival - Rothenburg, GER
Aug. 14 - Sziget Festival - Budapest, HUN - Iam The Ghost, TomiT14
Aug. 16 - LKA Longhorn* - Stuttgart, GER - CyberHamster
Aug. 18 - Open Air Gampel - Gampel-Bratsch, SUI
Aug. 19 - Highfield Festival - Großpösna, GER
Aug. 20 - Lowlands Festival - Biddinghuizen, NL - Mitchell, dirk
Aug. 22 - And There Come The Wolves - Wiesen, AUT
Aug. 23 - Prague Sounds Good - Prague, CZE - gejmik, Sju, CyberHamster
Aug. 24 - Chiemsee Summer Festival - Übersee, GER - CyberHamster
Aug. 26 - CarroPonte* - Milan, ITA - TomiT14
Aug. 27 - Le Cabaret Vert - Charleville-Mézières, FRA
Aug. 28 - Rock en Seine - Paris, FRA - DW_60, CyberHamster, TomiT14

* = Headlining show
Color codes: Yeah baby! / Yeah maybe!
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: Europe Festival Tour 2016

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I'll be on Sziget Festival (Budapest, Hun)
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

I hope they return to Spain, maybe the next year.

A question: why Sum 41 usually only play in festivals? Normaly they have little time for playing, between 25-35 minutes.
I will like see them in a long concert.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

jacobbadillo41 wrote:I hope they return to Spain, maybe the next year.

A question: why Sum 41 usually only play in festivals? Normaly they have little time for playing, between 25-35 minutes.
"Usually only" festivals is a bit exaggerated. Summer is always the season of festivals all around the world, and Sum 41 is a popular band to have at festivals. Even this year, they have to end Warped Tour early so they can be at the festivals in Europe.

Once they have their new album out (and something new to play live), they'll start their world tour of their own headlining shows. They will be back in Europe for their own tour in 2017.
MachineGun
First name: Sascha
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by MachineGun »

I'm gonna see them at the Open Flair Festival.

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

TomiT14 wrote:

"Usually only" festivals is a bit exaggerated. Summer is always the season of festivals all around the world, and Sum 41 is a popular band to have at festivals. Even this year, they have to end Warped Tour early so they can be at the festivals in Europe.

Once they have their new album out (and something new to play live), they'll start their world tour of their own headlining shows. They will be back in Europe for their own tour in 2017.
I expressed something wrong, I did not mean that it's bad to play in big festivals, what I meant was playing concerts rarely long lasting and concerts are only to see them
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

If they played as a headliner, they would play much longer. In 2011, they were the last performancer that night and they played many-many songs, at least 1 hour long, that was so awesome.
That's why I'm also sad, they're the only reason I go to this (expensive) festival and honestly, I don't think the setlist will be interesting... but you know, it's Sum 41, I have to go. :devious:
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Iam The Ghost wrote:

If they played as a headliner, they would play much longer. In 2011, they were the last performancer that night and they played many-many songs, at least 1 hour long, that was so awesome.
That's why I'm also sad, they're the only reason I go to this (expensive) festival and honestly, I don't think the setlist will be interesting... but you know, it's Sum 41, I have to go. :devious:
Believe me, even though the setlist will most likely be just singles, The old songs sound so much better with three guitars and more backing vocals. :winkwink:
So even if it's just a 30-45min set, it's definitely worth seeing if you're in the area.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Iam The Ghost wrote:

Believe me, even though the setlist will most likely be just singles, The old songs sound so much better with three guitars and more backing vocals. :winkwink:
So even if it's just a 30-45min set, it's definitely worth seeing if you're in the area.
Worth the truth, I know that even if 30 minutes would be an incredible show and more now with a piece of 5 and the return of Dave. I'm a fan of them since 2008 even I have an account fans on twitter, between 2010-2011 came to Spain 5 times and I could not go because of economic problems, now I need the money to study but I hope to see them if they come to my country , to see if they return to Europe with more countries to play
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

From twitter:
come join us this fall for the Don't Call It A Sum-Back Tour!!! more details coming on Monday 8/9 at 12pm et.
Maybe that's gonna be the tour we were waiting for! (With enough amount of showtime) :glad: Wonder where they will go. I already love the title: Don't call it a Sum-Back Tour :2cool4u:

(I just realized: maybe it's not an actual tour but something like an event for the new album?)
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Iam The Ghost wrote:From twitter:
come join us this fall for the Don't Call It A Sum-Back Tour!!! more details coming on Monday 8/9 at 12pm et.
Maybe that's gonna be the tour we were waiting for! (With enough amount of showtime) :glad: Wonder where they will go. I already love the title: Don't call it a Sum-Back Tour :2cool4u:

(I just realized: maybe it's not an actual tour but something like an event for the new album?)
I'm 95% sure it's the name of their North American tour. They'll tour North America in October-November and South America in December. Rest of the world will follow next year.
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

Unfortunately I'll only be able to do one date, I'll be at rock en seine on August 28th
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

So, on yesterday was the show and first of all: I'm so tired of pogo. :devious: I mean, I was totally out of breath immediately after the first song, and it was exhausting to sing and dance the whole show. :devious:
But it was great, they sound heavy and loud, Deryck is in very good shape, Dave can't stop smiling, Zummo's killing it on the drums, so all in all, every fan need to see at least once this Sum 41, 'cause it's better than ever.
Setlist was longer than at Warped Tour, they played Pieces and even With Me which I didn't heard live before! And although I often say I'm tired of Fat Lip or In To Deep, I'd rather listen to other songs instead of them, but still, these songs make the crowd crazy and sounds amazing live.
I tried to record some moments, but within this madness it was hard, I even dropped my phone once, so I rather enjoyed the show.

Oh, and Deryck promised they'll come back next year, so prepare another European Tour! :2cool4u:
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sum 41 just played There's No Solution at the soundcheck at LKA Longhorn, Stuttgart tonight. Why isn't there a TNS member to witness it being (possibly) played live for the first time in ages? :glad:
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

TomiT14 wrote:Sum 41 just played There's No Solution at the soundcheck at LKA Longhorn, Stuttgart tonight. Why isn't there a TNS member to witness it being (possibly) played live for the first time in ages? :glad:
I really like that song, although I don't know if it's for live show, but nonetheless good to see they try other songs.

Were you on Sziget Festival?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

TomiT14 wrote:Sum 41 just played There's No Solution at the soundcheck at LKA Longhorn, Stuttgart tonight. Why isn't there a TNS member to witness it being (possibly) played live for the first time in ages? :glad:
That would be a sight to see! If not, maybe play it backstage during the hangouts on the Don't Call It a Sum-Back Tour, too. :winkwink:
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

And yes, they did play There's No Solution tonight! Damn! Hope someone caught it on video. :silly:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

No videos of TNS yet, but this is a pleasant surprise as well.
EDIT: It's here!
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

It's awesome to see them break out such old songs! But I have to admit, it's a reminder of why they stopped playing them haha. If I'm listening to Go chuck yourself or watching Sake bombs, I usually skip around both of these songs. I love the songs on the albums, but they just feel slow in the live set.

a song that is always welcome though is Mr. Amsterdam!!
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

A short interview with Dave and Cone at the Sziget Festival last Sunday, starting at 0:53.