New Show - August 21st 2015 @ Québec City

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Zalex09

New Show - August 21st 2015 @ Québec City

Post by Zalex09 »

The Sums will be in Quebec City at Expo Québec on August 21st!
I have already took this day off at work.

Who else plans on going ?

Website is in french. It's only 15$ per day.
http://www.expoquebec.com/spectacles/index.aspx

Can't wait now.
vill_chouine
Bunkface
First name: Israël

Post by vill_chouine »

I cant wait !!! I will be there all day long cause at Expo Quebec you can catch the sound check during the day.
Mr. Biz
First name: Deryck
Re: New Show - August 21st 2015 @ Québec City

Post by Mr. Biz »

i didn't know it was announced already. we're super excited to play!
Zalex09

Post by Zalex09 »

What kind of setlist can we expect ? Hoping for some SBM songs.
Mr. Biz

Post by Mr. Biz »

still too soon to tell right now.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Mr. Biz wrote:i didn't know it was announced already. we're super excited to play!
Are you planning to have a tour? Or are these just single shows here and there?
Mr. Biz

Post by Mr. Biz »

right now we're just looking at shows. but we are looking at all the other options as well. we're still trying to figure out what the plan will be. there are a few different ideas being talked about but we still have to finish a record at the same time. so we have to take into consideration all the rehearsal time, recording etc. but things will come together over the next few months and we will start to announce when we know more. all i can say is that things are in the works and being discussed now. wish i could tell you more. i know you hate it when i say it but you will know soon! haha
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Mr. Biz wrote:right now we're just looking at shows. but we are looking at all the other options as well. we're still trying to figure out what the plan will be. there are a few different ideas being talked about but we still have to finish a record at the same time. so we have to take into consideration all the rehearsal time, recording etc. but things will come together over the next few months and we will start to announce when we know more. all i can say is that things are in the works and being discussed now. wish i could tell you more. i know you hate it when i say it but you will know soon! haha
Thanks for the super quick answer!

By the way, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is hoping for video updates from the recording process this time around as well. Just saying. :winkwink:
Mr. Biz

Post by Mr. Biz »

there will be some. we've video'd some things already. but for last 8 months it's been just me in a room writing by myself. not very interesting. no chicks and no booze this time. kind of unexciting. haha
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Mr. Biz wrote:but for last 8 months it's been just me in a room writing by myself. not very interesting.
I'd watch the shit out of that!
Kurt41
First name: Kurt

Post by Kurt41 »

Mr. Biz wrote:there will be some. we've video'd some things already. but for last 8 months it's been just me in a room writing by myself. not very interesting. no chicks and no booze this time. kind of unexciting. haha
Hey Deryck. First of all I know this is way off topic, but it seems like you're pretty active on here at the moment, so this will be the best chance I have to talk to you.

I just wanted to say that I have been following Sum 41 since I was 11 years old, and you and your band have absolutely changed my life and my outlook on music. I'm now playing drums in a band, with an EP out, and I'm always playing instruments when I'm at home. Always. One of the things I love about Sum is how you go into detail about all your gear. Even though I'm a drummer, I play guitar probably just as much, and so much of the equipment I've bought (guitars, amps, heads, hardware) is because of what you've said makes them unique and great for a particular sound or feel. It's gotten me pretty obsessed with buying new gear and talking about it, to the point of my friends just telling me to shut up, lol.. but whatever. I love how your band still uses tape to record drums with. I've always found that interesting when watching the recording videos. It's awesome to know that I'm listening to REAL drums when I'm listening to Sum. I've been hanging out for new music from you guys for soo long, and so have a lot of my friends and band mates actually. And now that it's on the verge of ACTUALLY being here (I think), I couldn't be more excited. I'm constantly checking social media for updates haha. I'm so glad that you're healthy and sober and looking in great shape now. And it's cool that you're in a room writing by yourself with no chicks and no booze. I'd still watch the fuck out of those writing/recording videos. And I think if you take the darkest of times from your last couple of years (almost dying) and turned them into a few songs, this album is gonna be filled with real emotion which everyone will be able to hear, and that's gonna be killer.. It will be anyway though. I saw Sum play at Sydney Soundwave in 2013, and that was one of the best experiences/days ever. Sum and Blink at the same show on the same day, wtf. I'm just hanging out for new music and new shows. It would probably make my whole year/life if you took the time to reply to this, btw. Anyway, thanks for always having your records there for me to listen to.
- Kurt
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

Boring Updates will be expected :winkwink: , is it's early yet, but already some label record contacting ? or would launch an own record label?
Mr. Biz

Post by Mr. Biz »

Kurt41 wrote:
Mr. Biz wrote:there will be some. we've video'd some things already. but for last 8 months it's been just me in a room writing by myself. not very interesting. no chicks and no booze this time. kind of unexciting. haha
Hey Deryck. First of all I know this is way off topic, but it seems like you're pretty active on here at the moment, so this will be the best chance I have to talk to you.

I just wanted to say that I have been following Sum 41 since I was 11 years old, and you and your band have absolutely changed my life and my outlook on music. I'm now playing drums in a band, with an EP out, and I'm always playing instruments when I'm at home. Always. One of the things I love about Sum is how you go into detail about all your gear. Even though I'm a drummer, I play guitar probably just as much, and so much of the equipment I've bought (guitars, amps, heads, hardware) is because of what you've said makes them unique and great for a particular sound or feel. It's gotten me pretty obsessed with buying new gear and talking about it, to the point of my friends just telling me to shut up, lol.. but whatever. I love how your band still uses tape to record drums with. I've always found that interesting when watching the recording videos. It's awesome to know that I'm listening to REAL drums when I'm listening to Sum. I've been hanging out for new music from you guys for soo long, and so have a lot of my friends and band mates actually. And now that it's on the verge of ACTUALLY being here (I think), I couldn't be more excited. I'm constantly checking social media for updates haha. I'm so glad that you're healthy and sober and looking in great shape now. And it's cool that you're in a room writing by yourself with no chicks and no booze. I'd still watch the fuck out of those writing/recording videos. And I think if you take the darkest of times from your last couple of years (almost dying) and turned them into a few songs, this album is gonna be filled with real emotion which everyone will be able to hear, and that's gonna be killer.. It will be anyway though. I saw Sum play at Sydney Soundwave in 2013, and that was one of the best experiences/days ever. Sum and Blink at the same show on the same day, wtf. I'm just hanging out for new music and new shows. It would probably make my whole year/life if you took the time to reply to this, btw. Anyway, thanks for always having your records there for me to listen to.
- Kurt

wow thanks a lot. and don't worry people always tell me to shut up about gear too. i remember the sydney show. we had a lot of fun at sound wave! yeah no chicks, except one important one, ariana. definitely no booze. but still long nights, long hours and lots of rock n roll! can't wait to get back out on the road. thanks for your words.

deryck
guib41
First name: Guilherme
Post by guib41 »

Hi Deryck, I would like only to send you my message telling you to keep strong and never stopping making music, please. Also I'd like to tell you a little of my history with Sum 41, so I'm from Brazil and I saved money for 3 years to see a Sum 41 show, and I made it, 2011 - Le Zenith/Paris. I was there, and it was the best experience of my life, and I was alone. Hope to see you here in Brazil someday, if no, I'm already saving money to catch a Sum 41 show in some part of the world. So never stop making music, I pretty sure that you know you have power to change a life's person and thanks to you I changed mine and I learned to save money. HAHAHAHAH.
TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

guib41 wrote:Hi Deryck, I would like only to send you my message telling you to keep strong and never stopping making music, please. Also I'd like to tell you a little of my history with Sum 41, so I'm from Brazil and I saved money for 3 years to see a Sum 41 show, and I made it, 2011 - Le Zenith/Paris. I was there, and it was the best experience of my life, and I was alone. Hope to see you here in Brazil someday, if no, I'm already saving money to catch a Sum 41 show in some part of the world. So never stop making music, I pretty sure that you know you have power to change a life's person and thanks to you I changed mine and I learned to save money. HAHAHAHAH.
About time you joined here! If you had your phone working you would've not been alone there! :glad:
Kurt41
First name: Kurt

Post by Kurt41 »

Mr. Biz wrote:
wow thanks a lot. and don't worry people always tell me to shut up about gear too. i remember the sydney show. we had a lot of fun at sound wave! yeah no chicks, except one important one, ariana. definitely no booze. but still long nights, long hours and lots of rock n roll! can't wait to get back out on the road. thanks for your words.

deryck
Wow. Thanks for your reply. And yeah, you've gotta have her around :)
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

Greats new,Deryck and the happines machine play three show in jule.Its a great start.
Good lucky Deryck
Guini41
First name: Gui
Sum 41 in Colombia - August.

Post by Guini41 »

I don't if you guys heard, and I don't know how to open a new post. But here goes, Sum 41 will be playing in a park festival in Colômbia - Bogotá. Looks like this is true, and I hope that will be become a little south america tour, including Brazil. HAHA, glad they're back.

You can see the festival confirmation in this link below.

https://es-la.facebook.com/rockalparquebogota
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Oh man, Sum 41 back on home ground (almost!)… I'm not one to typically ask, but can I expect an Ontario date to be added? Quebec is quite tempting, though.
Zalex09

Post by Zalex09 »

For anyone interested on going, it appears there is not only 15$ tickets.
They are selling 100$ tickets which include 2 drinks and special access to the 'VIP' section.