SBM Tour 2011 - Summer in Europe

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

ptido
Bunkface

Re: SBM Tour 2011 - Summer in Europe

Post by ptido »

Iam The Ghost wrote:Kriky: Yeah, there are some good setlists, but who knows which true? :confusion:

If you talk about the one I just posted, someone send SMS to my friend amin during the show to say what was happening.
Considering he made the effort to spend time to give the setlist, I don't think he spent this time to give a fake setlist...
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

ptido wrote:
Iam The Ghost wrote:Kriky: Yeah, there are some good setlists, but who knows which true? :confusion:

If you talk about the one I just posted, someone send SMS to my friend amin during the show to say what was happening.
Considering he made the effort to spend time to give the setlist, I don't think he spent this time to give a fake setlist...
Sorry, I didn't mean your post, I've just seen so many setlists, so now I don't even read them, they make me confused. :D But I don't doubt the setlist of your friend's friend. :D
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

ahah ! it's okay anyway I just wanted people to know that this setlist wasn't a fake

Didn't find any video of Sick of everyone, Blood in my eyes... :(

Apparently Deryck was a bit too drunk tired and forgot a few lyrics from the new songs...

someone wrote that he got autographs and pictures with the band, except Deryck because he went sleeping just after the show. It happens sometimes

But he sang quite well after all : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mII0e1iD9k

And as you can see he often put his left leg on the high speaker. Was he afraid to fall ? Too tired to stand ? Quite too much jack daniel's last night for Deryck
Last edited by ptido on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We are the solution.

182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

It was me who was sending the setlist live to Amin, so it's not fake :D

Anyway, I don't have too much time right now, but to be honest it wasn't the best show I've been to. To sum up, there's a new security guy, named Franck, and he didn't like me AT ALL... Deryck was in a really bad shape yesterday, as the setlist can testify... I've seen better, and I hope Deryck will get better for the other shows. However, Reason To Believe live is just AWESOME ! The little piano part at the end was played by Tom by the way. I told Tom at the end of the show that he was amazing, especially on the Hell Song solo, he did a very, very great job !
Kriky
First name: Kristóf

Post by Kriky »

TomiT14 wrote:
Kriky wrote:Na, igen, én is ezt szeretném. Mikor játszanak sok számot az új lemezről, ha nem most? :) Néztem setlisteket a neten, ott egész jók voltak, volt Sick Of Everyone is.

De ugye nem lesz túl rövid? Volt.hu -n azt írják, 23:00 - 00:30-ig tart. Lehetne legalább 1-ig...
Amúgy messziről mész?
(Amúgy nincs valami jó magyar Sum41-es oldal/fórum?)
What did I just say?
TomiT14 wrote:This why I created this thread, so you could see if someone else is attending the same show as you.
But still, let's keep it in English. If you want to send a message in your own language, please use the Private Messaging option.
Oh, sorry. Not gonna happen again. :blush:

Well, I think it would be good if they played 23:00 till 0:30 as well, but I'm afraid it'll be only an hour... :sosad:

I come from Tatabánya. :)

I haven't found any good hungarian fan page yet, but until we have TNS, we don't need any other site. :D
Only an hour? :holyshit: At first i thought it'll be about 2 hours, so when I saw that it'll be 90 minutes, i wasn't happy.
But now i'd be glad if they played 90 mins. :happy:

I come from Hatvan, so Sopron is quite far from me. But i'll go to the My Chemical Romance show as well, so i'll be at Sopron for 3 days. :happy:
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

that's so fucking awesome.. but gimme holy image of lies pleeeeease! :(
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Kriky: Yeah, well, I was prepared, I don't think they've even played more than 90 minutes ever, which is so sad... :sosad:

First I wanted to go only for 1 day for Sum 41, but with my friends we decided to go for the whole festival. :) However, I'm only interested in Sum 41. :devious:
Kriky

Post by Kriky »

Iam The Ghost wrote:Kriky: Yeah, well, I was prepared, I don't think they've even played more than 90 minutes ever, which is so sad... :sosad:

First I wanted to go only for 1 day for Sum 41, but with my friends we decided to go for the whole festival. :) However, I'm only interested in Sum 41. :devious:
Really?
Green Day usually plays at least 150 minutes (if they aren't at festival).

When I saw that the Sums are coming, I was like "Oh, i should go...", but when I saw that MCR is coming as well, I knew that I HAVE TO be there. :glad: I mean, i've never been such a big concert (except Billy Idol in 2006), and now, I can see 2 great shows in 2 days. :glad:

Have you ever been to Volt Festival?
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

Kriky wrote:
Iam The Ghost wrote:Kriky: Yeah, well, I was prepared, I don't think they've even played more than 90 minutes ever, which is so sad... :sosad:

Really?

When I saw that the Sums are coming, I was like "Oh, i should go...", but when I saw that MCR is coming as well, I knew that I HAVE TO be there. :glad: I mean, i've never been such a big concert (except Billy Idol in 2006), and now, I can see 2 great shows in 2 days. :glad:

But you also have to look at the frequency that the sums play its like every other day right now so they cant go out for 2 hours a show
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Kriky wrote:Really?

I hope Sums make a new concert DVD soon, that could be longer. :)

No, I haven't, but it'll be awesome! :2cool4u:
gejmik
Chuck

Post by gejmik »

SBMurder wrote:
Kriky wrote:

Really?

But you also have to look at the frequency that the sums play its like every other day right now so they cant go out for 2 hours a show
umm when I look up on the Green Day shirt from the last tour which I've attended I see a show almost every day and every of these shows were 3 hours long at least. So yeah, it is possible.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

SBMurder wrote:But you also have to look at the frequency that the sums play its like every other day right now so they cant go out for 2 hours a show
That's true and... I don't know, I'm worried about Deryck. They say they love touring, but also, Deryck is a very shy character as they say. And I guess he's really nervous before every show and although drinking helps him to relax, I think it's a reason why they can't play longer. As someone wrote above, last show he seemed really drunk and tired. And there was a video a few months ago, he had a panic attack before a show. They should really rest a while, but it's summer, festival season and their new album just came out, so they can't... :confusion:
So, it was a though year so far for them, but I hope they will get better and play even greater shows. :)
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Not sure if this belongs here but a swedish newspaper that reviewed their show here said that they played great but that they had enough songs on their own to paly instead of all the covers they do. Regrettably i missed the show so i can't judge for myself.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Emil wrote:Not sure if this belongs here but a swedish newspaper that reviewed their show here said that they played great but that they had enough songs on their own to paly instead of all the covers they do. Regrettably i missed the show so i can't judge for myself.
How come you missed it? Wasn't it somewhat close to you?
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

Tomi you can't change the ''Ptido?'' to a ''Ptido'', I just won the chance to buy a ticket. Just need to find a way to go to Paris, but it will be easy.

We are the solution.

Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

TomiT14 wrote:
Emil wrote:Not sure if this belongs here but a swedish newspaper that reviewed their show here said that they played great but that they had enough songs on their own to paly instead of all the covers they do. Regrettably i missed the show so i can't judge for myself.
How come you missed it? Wasn't it somewhat close to you?
It was, but my aunt turned 60 that day so i had to be there instead.
Kriky

Post by Kriky »

Iamtheghost, did you see the official website of the festival? They changed the "23:00 - 0:30" to "23:00 - 0:00".
Only an hour? :confusion:
It'll be great, but i really tought it'll be at least 2 hours. :confusion:
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Kriky wrote:Iamtheghost, did you see the official website of the festival? They changed the "23:00 - 0:30" to "23:00 - 0:00".
Only an hour? :confusion:
It'll be great, but i really tought it'll be at least 2 hours. :confusion:
I was sure they won't play that long, so it's not a surprise. :happy: But it's really sad, who knows they're ever gonna come this little country again and I want to hear more and more songs from them on live...
Adary

SBM Tour 2011 - Summer in Europe - Madrid

Post by Adary »

I've just come back from the DCode Festival in Madrid!! The festival was great and the Sums were awesome!!! The sound was fantastic. In Fat Lip, for example, all the micros were listened, which is unusual... And Deryck's voice was pretty good too.
This was the setlist, I've posted it here http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sum-41/20 ... 30222.html:

Reason To Believe
The Hell Song
Skumfuk
We're All To Blame
Walking Disaster
Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
Sick Of Everyone
Screaming Bloody Murder
Motivation
Heavy Metal Covers Medley
Fat Lip
In Too Deep
Still Waiting

Not as many songs like in France, but it was worth!! Reason To Believe was amazing in live. Want to repeat!!!
gejmik
Chuck

Post by gejmik »

awesome so even when show is shorter, they still play RtB and Sick of Everyone, I so look forward to the show!